First time cruiser questionnaire

Good morning everyone,

First of all, I’d like to say thank you for letting me join the forum.

I’m very new to cruising and I’m 100% first time cruiser so I’d like to drop some questions and hopefully someone can give me some advices/answers. 

I’ve booked a Caribbean cruise 14 nights with P&O cruise which will depart in 2023. I’ll be flying to Barbados, sailing from Barbados to different islands and flying back to UK.

Please find the list of my questions below:

• If anyone has done a fly Caribbean cruise, could you please let me know what airline did you flight with? Most importantly, what is the luggage allowance?
  •  
  • I have read some blogs that mentions each passenger will be allowed 1 litre of alcohol or spirits and unlimited soft drinks, could you please confirm that is correct?
  •  
  • Will there be water station to fill your bottle with as I don’t want to pay for bottle of water each time? I won’t purchase the drink package as I don’t drink alcohol at all just my other half that drinks and P&O won’t allow us to purchase drink package for one person so I want to get some advices on how and where to get water to drink on the day we are at sea?
  •  
  • I know that there will be designated smoking areas on the cruise, are we allowed to bring few packs of cigarettes with us on the cruise? It will be a standard pack of 20 cigarettes. If not, what would be the alternative?
  •  
  • I’ve read the dress code is smart (black tie, dresses) for one evening and casual throughout the cruise trip. Will it be any clothes item that banned from the cruise that I need to be aware off?

Thank you very much for all your help.

Kind regards,

Anna

Edited by firsttimecruiser31
I’m making space between each question to make it easier for everyone to read.

Is this a package deal, with flights included in the price?  
There will be drink stations in the buffet area where you can fill/refill your bottle.  The water in your cabin sink is also safe to drink.

yes, you can bring cigarets onboard.

if you read the P&O website you will find the suggested dress code.  

• Like 1

If a package then P&O usually use TUI flights which use their Dreamliner planes. You can travel in economy or premium economy. Your luggage allowance and facilities on the plane depend on which you choose but be aware that premium attracts a hefty extra cost.

IIRC Iona has water dispensers around the ship as well as the buffet. Basically you place the bottle on the base and press the button. No, No, you try to jam the bottle up inside the machine in a determined attempt to nullify any infection benefits 🙄

Fun on Marella as well as a carafe is provided for each cabin, again people trying to stuff bottles inside the machines. They even had to ask people to stop using the carafes as flower vases 😁

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

IIRC Iona has water dispensers around the ship as well as the buffet. Basically you place the bottle on the base and press the button. No, No, you try to jam the bottle up inside the machine in a determined attempt to nullify any infection benefits 🙄

Fun on Marella as well as a carafe is provided for each cabin, again people trying to stuff bottles inside the machines. They even had to ask people to stop using the carafes as flower vases 😁

Thank you very much for your information.

I’ll be sailing with P&O Britannia so hopefully there will be more than one water dispenser on the ship 😃