Another Adventure - Bermuda June 26th Cruise Review

bnurick

@bnurick DH and I are very interested in the Veuve Dinner during our July 31 sailing. We were the only couple who signed up for it on the Equinox when we last cruised before the shutdown.

Should I inquire about the dinner in the Retreat Lounge? Not sure who Enrique is.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DisneyJen said:

@bnurick DH and I are very interested in the Veuve Dinner during our July 31 sailing. We were the only couple who signed up for it on the Equinox when we last cruised before the shutdown.

Should I inquire about the dinner in the Retreat Lounge? Not sure who Enrique is.

Thanks again!

Enrique is the Cellar Master on the Summit that handled the Veuve dinner.  Once onboard, ask for the "wine events" card from the Manager in Luminae, they will have just been printed, so keep asking for it.  That will show you the date, time and cost.  I would book it with the Luminae Manager and get a receipt.  Take the receipt and card to the Retreat Lounge and let Mar/Penelope know you booked it.  This way they can encourage others to book as well, and they will most likely not have received the wine events cards just yet.  They will be dealing with meeting new guests and booking dining, so this information will help them out.  This was our experience.  It is our favorite dinner...  Best of luck!  Brian

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bnurick said:

Enrique is the Cellar Master on the Summit that handled the Veuve dinner.  Once onboard, ask for the "wine events" card from the Manager in Luminae, they will have just been printed, so keep asking for it.  That will show you the date, time and cost.  I would book it with the Luminae Manager and get a receipt.  Take the receipt and card to the Retreat Lounge and let Mar/Penelope know you booked it.  This way they can encourage others to book as well, and they will most likely not have received the wine events cards just yet.  They will be dealing with meeting new guests and booking dining, so this information will help them out.  This was our experience.  It is our favorite dinner...  Best of luck!  Brian

Thanks so much Brian!

Will follow accordingly 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks for this informative review! I’ve been thinking about sailing on Summit and your review helped me decide. Cheers and happy anniversary!

Edited by asnaleah
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2022 at 12:51 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Nope... not big on Hamilton.   

In my opinion St George is the place to go unless you want the same old duty free shops an expensive shops. 

St. George-

What is St George Bermuda known for?

The town, a number of forts, and historic sites around it are a designated UNESCO World Heritage Site. You'll find picturesque cottages, quaint lanes and narrow alleyways scattered around King's Square. Notable sights include the Bermuda Old State House from 1620, the Old Rectory from 1699 and St. Peter's Church, Their Majesties Chappell, one of the oldest churches in the Western Hemisphere.

In your original comment you said it was quiter than Hilton.  Did you mean Hamilton?

1 hour ago, LMHSRN said:

In your original comment you said it was quiter than Hilton.  Did you mean Hamilton?

That is correct --- sorry for the typo.   It' also quieter than Hilton (LOL)

• Haha 1

Sorry, got swamped with worked when we returned.  Our final dinner was Sushi on 5 and we decided to try some things on the menu that we have never eaten before.  Started with Edamame and then split the Tonkotsu Miso Ramen.  Very yummy….lots of flavor.  Next we tried the scallop and shrimp dynamite.  I liked it, but Brian did not.  I did think it was a bit heavy.  The lobster and shrimp wontons are something we have ordered with every previous meal here and once again did not disappoint.  For entrees, Brian had 2 orders of the nigiri (tuna) and I ordered the baked scallop roll with a side of spicy mayo.  These dishes were not new to us and were a great addition to end our meal.  We took one last walk though the ship and decided to get some gelato before bed.  The pistachio gelato was not available on this ship, so I decided to try the butter pecan and I would get that again on our next cruise.  Photos of the dinner are below and I’ll include some breakfast photos too.  Thanks for following along.

3BF59272-979E-440B-B7A4-4118276A3C31.jpeg

3322A5E4-BF0D-4FAB-BC7E-CFA2E595D21D.jpeg

FBDE91D4-84B3-4F02-88AA-C6FAF56CDB13.jpeg

1CB87187-87AB-4636-AADF-969B3FBE5C7C.jpeg

F3F6AAC3-42CD-43A5-AA85-081EB31F8E78.jpeg

73DF4A4E-0F17-41FA-9B1E-C4EC278770F1.jpeg

39CE547A-7FE3-4F99-968C-A42AE5CAE49D.jpeg

4C2A914A-5364-4AD9-B38E-33B22F5AB30A.jpeg

97C23278-B922-4A14-92CB-2E332D7F8AFB.jpeg

22C8A478-74D5-477F-B39B-8C4660A6ABA5.jpeg

0F0C2AAE-81D3-4C9B-B961-ADB3A6C45692.jpeg

99575884-0C56-4753-AF64-B8BD2F9E9E9D.jpeg

57FF876E-CC0D-4CE3-9913-036AB5FCAC57.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoyed reading your review and pictures! We just received a move up offer and remembered at the beginning of this report you got upgraded to the CS with the move up bid ! we just received ours this morning and ended up bidding the same amount that you did after checking on the move up thread of $500 !! Either way will be happy with our SS  but would love to cruise in a CS for the first time!!

cheers

• Thanks 1