Free at Sea for 20 year olds

cdurham1

My daughter and her friend are going on a cruise with my youngest daughter and me on an NCL cruise where we have the Free at Sea offer.

The girls aren't eligible for the open bar offer because they are under 21.  However, I am ok with them drinking beer and wine in international waters (as NCL allows).

The NCL rep today told me that she couldn't sign them up for the Corks and Caps program because you have to submit the permission form on the ship only.  At that point, she said, they should be able to add the Corks and Caps program for them under the Free at Sea promotion and we will just pay the gratuities.

Anyone done this before?

16 minutes ago, oracer said:

Her friend won't be able since you are not her legal guardian. You can sign the waiver for her on the boat, but not her friend. 

Ok.  And the form can only be done on board?  One of her parents can't sign ahead?

Also, do you know if my daughter will be able to get the Caps and Corks program under the Free at Sea deal?

On 6/26/2022 at 6:00 PM, cdurham1 said:

Ok.  And the form can only be done on board?  One of her parents can't sign ahead?

Also, do you know if my daughter will be able to get the Caps and Corks program under the Free at Sea deal?

I hadn’t heard this. I am going with my 20-year-old out of Italy so drinking age is 18 everywhere we go. He was given the soda package only and we were told he could buy drinks onboard but it would be awesome if I could just pay the gratuities and get him that package! 

On 6/27/2022 at 12:00 AM, cdurham1 said:

On 6/27/2022 at 12:10 AM, oracer said:

No to signing it beforehand and they can't pre-sign. You go to the main customer service desk when you board. 

The  parent or legal guardian who isn't traveling with their son/daughter can fill out this form

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/ParentGuardianForm_01302012b.pdf

And that gives the adult person they are travelling with, the authority to sign the "waiver" form regarding alcohol, when cruising in parts of the world (eg. Europe) where the drinking age is below 21.

4 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

The  parent or legal guardian who isn't traveling with their son/daughter can fill out this form

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/ParentGuardianForm_01302012b.pdf

And that gives the adult person they are travelling with, the authority to sign the "waiver" form regarding alcohol, when cruising in parts of the world (eg. Europe) where the drinking age is below 21.

In Europe and Australia young adults who are over 18 don't need a waiver to drink.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

In Europe and Australia young adults who are over 18 don't need a waiver to drink.

Maybe I misunderstood something - I was thinking about purchasing a drink package on NCL - I previously was told this was the way to do it when travelling with "minors" between 18-21 in eg. Europe. That may be wrong then.... Sorry about the confusion.

18 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

Maybe I misunderstood something - I was thinking about purchasing a drink package on NCL - I previously was told this was the way to do it when travelling with "minors" between 18-21 in eg. Europe. That may be wrong then.... Sorry about the confusion.

No worries.  It's actually addressed in the NCL.com FAQ section.

Cheers.

• Like 2

Our youngest was 20 on our last cruise together. We signed nothing. He was always able to get a beer with us at meals and at bars. He was never "carded" or even asked for his NCL card. My husband just whipped out his card like he did at all of the meals and we all enjoyed the "drink package" that we never paid for him. Truth be told though, on a vacay with your folks, there wasn't any crazy partying going on for sure, but he was able to enjoy with us.