DUCKS

On 8/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, UnregisteredUser said:

100... thats nothing... 😉I just ordered a set of 300 from AliExpress for about 50 bucks, will spread them all out in Central Park on our upcoming cruise 🤪

But AliExpress can take up to 2 months to get.  I have ordered PLENTY from there and shipping times can range from 3 weeks to 2 months, could be even longer in the current world problems.  Amazon is much quicker.  But I guess if you have a few months before your cruise you can go with Ali, but don't take their "expected delivery date" as concrete. 

On 8/26/2022 at 7:53 PM, UnregisteredUser said:

Those are the small ducks.

Here are the ones we ordered and the size we usually find when hunting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09Q5DN9HR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1a

Edited by ReneeFLL

2 hours ago, MightyMike said:

Go ahead and duck, but if you do duck, please do so responsibly. We were on Symphony of the Seas last spring break and we saw so many ducks "hidden" in Central Park that it often looked more like trash. One person bragged about 300 ducks on one cruise. Hide your ducking well so that it is not easy for kids to see.

Not always.  

We noticed a young child behind us so my wife walked ahead and left a duck in a fairly obvious place.  Sure enough the girl found it and was ecstatically happy, running around and showing the duck to others.  It made our day as well as the girls.

• Like 1

I found a duck on my 9/11 Liberty cruise.  It was on top of this display in the hallway of deck 7.  My duck was yellow.  I told my sister about the duck thing and about a day later, she too found a duck (a blue one).  I'll have to try and post a picture later on today that I took of it.

As stated in an earlier post, I don't do "Ducking".  It's just not my thing.  However, I started a custom, at least for me, on my last cruise of buying a very expensive, or not, something while in port.  Leaving it with a crew member with very specific instructions of who to give it to on the following cruise.  I then post in the Roll Call for that cruise, hints as to where it can be found.  I did it on my May cruise to Alaska and someone found the item (broke the code) on the next cruise and the crew was very good at following my instructions (with a $10.00 bill included) as to who to give it to.  

So, if you are interested and on the Nov the 4th cruise on the Independence of the Seas out of Canaveral, be looking in the RollCall for that cruise and the hint(s) as to where the very expensive, or not, something is.

We'll be sailing over Halloween, and I just found these glow-in-the-dark Halloween ducks.  Think I'll order them:  https://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Characters-Duckies-Showers-Activity/dp/B09JL2MRZ7/ref=sr_1_14_sspa?crid=3CHWLORBJCQ81&keywords=rubber%2Bduck&qid=1664133951&s=toys-and-games&sprefix=rubber%2Bduck%2Ctoys-and-games%2C98&sr=1-14-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExNlA2T0ZORkYwVlBEJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwOTg1OTUySUdXT0JKS0ozQklCJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MDkxNjJSTUFDT1pLN1c1MTMmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9tdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1  

On that subject, what do the ships tend to do for Halloween?  We're not really big Halloween people, so no way we'd bother with costumes.

Edited by Mum2Mercury