Can 25 cruisers be wrong? Meet&Mingle Registration Website is inactive while 25 made it?

HeinBloed

5 hours ago, Host Anne said:

Hi everyone ~ unfortunately I do not have good news.  I did not receive good new from our Cruise Critic Community Manager.  Celebrity is not hosting Cruise Critic parties onboard at this time.   I mentioned that a link on Celebrity's website is working and allowing people to register.  I suggested that she discusses this with Celebrity and suggest that they make that link inactive until they are doing parties again.

I cannot find any link here on Cruise Critic when I'm on the roll calls for various cruises that I have coming up in the next six months.  If you see a link on a roll call (without searching for a link, that is) please let me know and I'll pass that along.  Cruise Critic does not activate any links on Celebrity's website.  

For now, my recommendation is to select a location and time on your roll call for a get together.  Avoid lounges that are typically used during the day for ship activities.  If you select somewhere outdoors for sailaway or something earlier in the morning (say 9:00 AM) on a sea day, you can likely avoid other ship activities.

I'm very sorry that the parties aren't back up and running.  As soon as I hear they are, I'll post about it.

Thanks for your effort, but it is too simple to say "searching" for the link.

If you start go on boards.cruisecritic.com:

image.thumb.png.fc0ca5abe27890551e9b90df9c4c6584.png

And you are click on "Celebrity Cruises", you are taken on:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

image.png.ae934348621a236c6a48308e2ad6a899.png

Simply click on "Join the Party":

and you are redirected to:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/meet-mingle/celebrity/

image.png.86aaa812da1a1c5edf46a7b33e5be8b4.png

By clicking on "Register for a Celebrity Party":

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-critic-connections

image.thumb.png.f781af00a42c6af470e955312a88c301.png

So removing

image.png.d0019b3a41c421132d3e8d713e91c68d.png

from all websites on cruisecritic would he most helpful to stop confusing people when they do not host such events currently.

But we had the Captains Club reception:

2022-CELEBRITY-REFLECTION-082910.jpg.5516585ddb48877ba584e2a104bed178.jpg

2022-CELEBRITY-REFLECTION-092688.jpg.f653ed2408d66ca8692e51e6ec4929d4.jpg

Or the parade of the crew.

Well, I can understand they restrict all events and use the pandamics as "excuse". But it should be our individual decision to say: I accept the risk and join or I do not and stay in my cabin and enjoy the sea on my balcony.

The Meet & Mingle costs money and it would be great if they spend again some money to their loyal and best customers and not using us to save money.

I am back from CELEBRITY REFLECTION and I would say: it was more or less "normal" like before pandemics but the Meet & Greet.

So please remove the advertising from your own website.

Regards

HeinBloed

Collage-X-REFLECTION-Shipspotting.thumb.jpg.0b2e26ca8e304072c50c11998d60564a.jpg

Except this story... it was wonderful on CELEBRITY REFLECTION...

The problem is not only the links that appear on Cruise Critic, but also on the X website itself. If you enter the words Connections Party in the search bar of the X website and click on the first search result it takes you to the sign up page. If you sign up there you get an immediate email saying  "You've made a Connection" and informing you how many are signed up. They need to change that sign up page with wording that it's no longer being held due to Covid protocols. I know that Cruise Critic hosts have no control of the X website, but perhaps some of the host's input would prompt X to take the appropriate measures.

Edited by Luvcrusn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

If you sign up there you get an immediate email saying  "You've made a Connection" and informing you how many are signed up. They need to change that sign up page with wording that it's no longer being held due to Covid protocols. I know that Cruise Critic hosts have no control of the X website, but perhaps some of the host's input would prompt X to take the appropriate measures.

Agreed.  The registration link on the Celebrity web site is active once again, which is what has contributed to so many people being misled.   But here's the kicker:  before @Host Annekindly looked into all this, I had reached out to Celebrity to ask what was going on, pointing out to them that registrations for the Connections Parties had resumed, but folks on the current sailings were reporting that the parties weren't happening.   Celebrity told me that Cruise Critic arranges the Connections Parties on their own!!!  (And that Celebrity doesn't host them. Ha!) 

@Host Anne I'm just flagging this for you because it seems like some management level folks at Celebrity don't even know what's going on on their end regarding the registration process for these parties.  It would be great, as folks have noted above, if Celebrity would de-activate the registration link on their web site while the parties aren't happening.  It sounds like someone at Cruise Critic really needs to contact whoever you all deal with at Celebrity on these parties to let them know about that link.

Thanks! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2022 at 12:03 AM, HeinBloed said:

Thanks for your effort, but it is too simple to say "searching" for the link.

If you start go on boards.cruisecritic.com:

image.thumb.png.fc0ca5abe27890551e9b90df9c4c6584.png

And you are click on "Celebrity Cruises", you are taken on:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/16-celebrity-cruises/

image.png.ae934348621a236c6a48308e2ad6a899.png

Simply click on "Join the Party":

and you are redirected to:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/meet-mingle/celebrity/

This is exactly why I asked people to let me know if you found a link here on Cruise Critic.  We are not on every page of the website every day.  We need members help at times like this.  Thanks for posting....I will pass it along.  If anyone finds other locations where you see the sign up box, please just post a link.

THANKS MUCH!

• Thanks 1