Norwegian Escape - main pool question

NoviceNikki

Hiya, is it correct that the main pool is Adults only, and if so is it enforced please?   NCL can't confirm, but I've seen pics online saying Adults only.  I have 2 teenagers (14 & 15) who won't want to be in the kids pool with the little ones, so if they can't use the main pool we've got a problem! 

We are looking at going in August this year, so I expect lots of kids onboard because of school holidays, and my two aren't interested in Entourage etc, so the pool is a major deal-breaker. 

On a similar vein - are they allowed in venues such as the Brewhouse if accompanied by adults?  Again the info from NCL isn't very clear and they are in a funny age bracket - they are happy to just sit with us and use their phones on an evening, rather than go to teen clubs.  We've just come back from the EPIC in May, which was really good, and we are worried that the Escape will be crowded by comparison, with lots of stuff off-limits.  Any opinions on this, and on current capacity would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Only speaking for myself, but I'd sure like to see these online pics that say Adults Only. It helps when you state things like this on a forum if you share the source material in your post...either by including the material or by providing a link.

It was a couple of the main pool pics from this website - photo numbers 31 & 37 of 75 of the main pool photos. There is also a YouTube video that showed it, but I can't remember the detail of that (I've looked at so many reviews and forums this last few days that my brain is fried!)

Main Pool on Norwegian Escape Cruise Ship - Cruise Critic

Main Pool on Norwegian Escape Cruise Ship - Cruise Critic

Any info would be appreciated

The main pool is all-ages in my experience. Maybe it's just confusing because there's a Kid's Aqua Park, so some people assume the other is only for adults?  Spice H20 is adults only.

Maybe this is helpful clarification from the NCL site.  https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/cruise-faq/pool-regulations

Do Norwegian ships have adult only pools?

Yes. Some ships have pools that are adult-only. This means that all children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult. All regular pool rules also apply.

As for bars, I don't know. I have seen a few kids at later adults-only comedy and dueling piano shows, so I can't imagine they'd really block them from any area. 

Edited by weltek

The main "adult" pool and family pool are close to each other (separated by several rows of loungers). It really doesn't make much difference. Personally, the family pool is a bit nicer and not full of "too much beverage package" adults. 

image.png.aaacd2066affc9f8df7d9b5abc963943.png

image.png.af88dbc8ff99236ad1535e2835f9409c.png

The Family Pool is not the kiddy splash area

image.png.9e2b841ba1a2bfcba26a2606bc4fa9a5.png

Edited by BirdTravels

1 hour ago, NoviceNikki said:

Any info would be appreciated

As noted above, there are 2 pools that are close to each other as well as a splash area.

KidsPool-IMG_6750.jpg

The "all ages" pool and the play area. The teens will be fine in this pool. The little ones will be in the "climb & slide" area.

KidsPool-IMG_6752.jpg

The tiny ones (no diapers allowed) will be in this area.

Pool-IMG_6702.JPG

The adults will be in this area.

(photo credit to JimZim/Spaniel Lover)

• Like 1

I was just on the Escape on the June 10th sailing. There are signs at the main pool that say Adults Only.   My 17 year old son was able to use the main pool with us and no issue. However, when his 11 year old cousin joined him, they were told they couldn’t use that pool. So they went to the family pool under the slides. As my 17 year old walked through that area around the water toys with his cousin, someone from NCL came told him he was too old to be allowed in that area. (He was told he could use the family pool, but not the area next to it that has a playground that sprays water on kids). 

• Like 1

I was on the Escape in 2016.  Unless they have changed things, there are 2 pools close together on one end, one for everybody and one designed for little kids.  There was also Spice H20 on the opposite end, which was adults only.