Hardside vs Softside Luggage on HAL?

I Luv Crusin

Jim: not to kidnap the thread, but CONGRATULATIONS on 5,000 posts! WOW! I'm impressed!

See you and Donna soon!

To keep on topic, DW's hardsided luggage was Travel Pro w/4 wheels, like the current Samsonite "Spinner" series. We have been extremely disappointed with the Travel Pro hard sided luggage.

Three reasons why HAL recommends hard-sided luggage:

1. more durable, and much less prone to damage (rips, tears) by baggage handlers/machinery (both onboard and on the pier)

2. less chance of theft of contents. Soft-sided bags usually have zippered side pockets than can easily be partly unzipped, just wide enough for a hand to slip in and out.

3. less chance of mistaken identity - hard sided bags are easier to identify by their owners. The usual soft-sided, black with wheels models are constantly being taken by mistake during debark. Hard sided bags cut down on the "they all look alike" problem.

Have you read Consumers?

We are very lucky here living in the Worldbest Cost Basis area in shopping.. Most places do Price Match here..

Yes even the Federated Dept stores.. Macys, bloomies...

Sears now owned by KMart is really not a choice as selection of quality is always a need.. durability, weight, ease of usages, expandability.... and COST...

We have found Soft sided is best for us with balistic Nylon ..Kevlar.. etc...my attache is Zero Haliburton and can float..but it is an aluminum alloy too.. and AMERICAN Made.:eek: Not much is anymore... Would youall pay more for AMERICAN Made Quality Products? We sure would.!:D

Personal choices are important in anything, thats why we all do so well together..

We had hard sided cases before and the weight qualty was an issue always..

Due to being overweight (not me personally but my hardsided luggage) during my Christmas cruise, I have purchased a duffle bag with handle and rollers for next trip..also a hard-sided lightweight (5#) carry-on from TravelSmiths..

since I cannot seem to control my packing ways, just trying to trim the fat anyway possible.

LHC:rolleyes:

Due to being overweight (not me personally but my hardsided luggage) during my Christmas cruise, I have purchased a duffle bag with handle and rollers for next trip..also a hard-sided lightweight (5#) carry-on from TravelSmiths..

since I cannot seem to control my packing ways, just trying to trim the fat anyway possible.

LHC:rolleyes:

Archived