Chefs table

Megan_Strick

7 minutes ago, sthrnbll said:

I was reading and it says closed toe shoes. What if you decided to do it while on board and didn't have those. Would they turn them away? Would they be refunded?

Put some socks on with your sandals.  🙂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sthrnbll said:

I was reading and it says closed toe shoes. What if you decided to do it while on board and didn't have those. Would they turn them away? Would they be refunded?

It's a suggestion.  You won't be turned away in sandals.  Floors in galleys may be wet and/or slippery and they don't want guests to slip, slide, or fall.  The meal and the experience are both incredible.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bury me at sea said:

It's a suggestion.  You won't be turned away in sandals.  Floors in galleys may be wet and/or slippery and they don't want guests to slip, slide, or fall.  The meal and the experience are both incredible.

Thanks! I was just looking at things to do and I thought about the shoe thing. I live in Georgia. We don't wear closed toe shoes 😁

4 hours ago, sthrnbll said:

Thanks! I was just looking at things to do and I thought about the shoe thing. I live in Georgia. We don't wear closed toe shoes 😁

We do in Liberty County.  And if you want to do the Behind the Fun tour you also need closed toe shoes.  Sneakers are fine.  EM

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the close toe shoes suggestion was b/c the Chef's Table usually starts in the galley kitchen, so for safety precautions. The last one we did on the Dream, started in the seating area by the piano bar and then we were taken directly into the dining area so that safety precaution was not necessary.  However, before that cruise, we noticed many people coming to the CT with open toe shoes/sandals.  The best advice I can give is to:  book it, enjoy it, but seriously pace yourself!   The food is delish, but with many courses.