Meal times

kjbacon

3 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

Another question about meal times ...

We have an Alaskan cruise booked and some of the excursions start at stupid-o' lock ...before the resteraunts are normally open? Other than room service would I be correct in thinking that it would be Seabourn square for a coffee?

It also seems as if they return outside of normal opening hours? Presumably the same again?

This of course is working on the assumption that SB do not lay on anything to accommodate these early starts.

I can remember a continental breakfast being served when we left very early on a catamaran excursion on an Alaska cruise on SB.  Also, you could always arrange for room service breakfast as early as you need it.  

Edited by SLSD

3 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Thanks, Martha and you’re not wrong about the Regent single supplement, it’s way too high! I am encouraged by these posts and I’m sure that we will have a fabulous time. There’s no question heading into it that Regent is a far better fit for us but I have every intention of trying my best to work within their perimeters and I will be very fair in my blog. I am also concerned along with the above poster, MBP, about getting a decent breakfast before our early excursions. Regent always opens La Veranda early enough to accommodate so we will see. Just learned yesterday that there’s a 3 day cancellation policy on the shorex so that’s one more thing Regent has all over SB.

Most of the Regent shore excursions are "included". Is there no cancellation penalty for the Regent Choice ones? If you used OBC, will they refund you the credit, even the day of the excursion, if you don't go?

On 7/8/2022 at 11:17 AM, SLSD said:

And I chimed in and said that after posting all through one of our cruises, it suddenly became unavailable while onboard---and curiously after my husband told an interim/fill in CD that I had been posting (which I would not have done).  There WAS a work around and I did manage to keep posting.  

I'm confused. My understanding was that you have not been on board SB, or any other cruise for that matter, since the pandemic.

??

34 minutes ago, Catlover54 said:

I'm confused. My understanding was that you have not been on board SB, or any other cruise for that matter, since the pandemic.

??

Yes, that is true.  But I did post that CC was unavailable after we mentioned it to an iterim CD.  I just wanted to be clear that I had posted that.  You would have to go back and read the post. I'm not gong to go over that again.  It's a small point.  I don't think this is a serious issue.  I do resent CC not being available after we mentioned that we were posting--but there was a workaround.  Evidently Host Dan had this issue recently.  We do hope to cruise in the coming months.  

I should mention that on our recent (April-May) Seabourn Ovation cruise we had no problem posting on CC as long as the Internet was working (there were some times when the system was down).

Hank