NCL, Oceania and Regent Seven Seas will not require pre cruise COVID testing as of 8/1/2022

jruben18

Saw this on another board and thought I should post here.

"MIAMI, July 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NYSE: NCLH) (the “Company”) today announced it will no longer require guests to complete pre-cruise COVID-19 testing unless required by local regulations. This policy will go into effect across Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises beginning August 1, 2022. The pre-embarkation testing requirement will remain in place for guests currently traveling on voyages departing from destinations with local testing regulations, including but not limited to the U.S., Canada, Greece and Bermuda. The relaxation of the testing policy is in line with the rest of the travel, leisure and hospitality industry worldwide as society continues to adapt and return to a state of normalcy. The Company continues to strongly recommend all guests be up to date on vaccination protocols and test at their convenience prior to travel."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, USC Adventurer said:

is azamara relaxing the pre cruise testing from copenhagen.  my ship sails on august 25th, 2022

Azamara has not changed, to my knowledge, its current policy which is:

Pre-Arrival Testing

All guests are required to have a negative PCR test 3 days before their sail date, or a negative antigen test 1 day before their sail date. We accept at-home test kits which are proctored and certified by a medical provider. Guests without proof of a negative COVID-19 test may purchase an antigen test at the embarkation port for $59 USD. Guests who do not have proof of a negative COVID-19 test will be denied boarding.

Please drop this for July 30 cruise.  This has become a tremendous hassle here as the sites are shutting down.  Can't get the results as they desire.

• Like 3

I thought that although pre cruise testing had been dropped by Norwegian that some countries still demanded it ( ie Greece.) Haven’t clicked on the link in one of the above posts yet, so maybe that will explain it.

3 hours ago, Lesley Styles said:

I thought that although pre cruise testing had been dropped by Norwegian that some countries still demanded it ( ie Greece.) Haven’t clicked on the link in one of the above posts yet, so maybe that will explain it.

Yes.  This is the exact wording:

Effective for sailings 8/1/22 and beyond for cruises originating in any port EXCEPT a U.S port, Canadian port or Piraeus, Greece

• Like 1

I really wish pre cruise testing will stop.  We are going on the Pursuit on July 27 from Southampton to Ireland.  However, we are flying from Texas on July 25 because who can trust the airlines to not cancel or delay flights.  So how can we do the 3 day before PCR test? I'm going to do a rapid home test before we leave for the airport.  If that is positive, then we will just cancel everything.  If it is negative, we will fly to to London. But then what happens when I have to take the antigen test in London the day before the cruise and, heaven forbid, it comes up positive? 

At this point I'm just stressing about the damn covid test and not getting excited about this fabulous trip that we have planned.  When I booked this trip I really thought all this testing would be over by now.

Edited by BohJang
  • Like 5

15 hours ago, BohJang said:

I really wish pre cruise testing will stop.  We are going on the Pursuit on July 27 from Southampton to Ireland.  However, we are flying from Texas on July 25 because who can trust the airlines to not cancel or delay flights.  So how can we do the 3 day before PCR test? I'm going to do a rapid home test before we leave for the airport.  If that is positive, then we will just cancel everything.  If it is negative, we will fly to to London. But then what happens when I have to take the antigen test in London the day before the cruise and, heaven forbid, it comes up positive? 

At this point I'm just stressing about the damn covid test and not getting excited about this fabulous trip that we have planned.  When I booked this trip I really thought all this testing would be over by now.

It's a fear we all share but stressing about it won't change the outcome of the test.   Que sera, sera.  It's not a test for terminal cancer!  You'll just have to deal with the issue of a positive test if it arises - like we all will.  

• Like 4

On 7/7/2022 at 3:49 PM, BohJang said:

We are going on the Pursuit on July 27 from Southampton to Ireland.  However, we are flying from Texas on July 25 because who can trust the airlines to not cancel or delay flights.  So how can we do the 3 day before PCR test? I'm going to do a rapid home test before we leave for the airport. 

We are in the same situation - same schedule, same sailing!  We thought we would do the PCR test here in our neighborhood on Sunday 24 July, which we understand would still be current enough on 27 July to meet that three day requirement for Azamara.

9 hours ago, kaymoz said:

We are in the same situation - same schedule, same sailing!  We thought we would do the PCR test here in our neighborhood on Sunday 24 July, which we understand would still be current enough on 27 July to meet that three day requirement for Azamara.

It will.  No reason to stress.