Covid Reality on Quantum of the Seas

12 hours ago, ldubs said:

Yes there are and a responsible person should be able to decide when to test to make sure they are not exposing others.   All of the "what ifs" don't change the fact that folks are OK exposing others for selfish reasons.   Sounds like you are promoting a loophole, which is exactly the point I'm making.  

Loophole? Not really. Just explaining the reality. I had a mild cough, congestion and felt fatigued all of which are COVID symptoms. I deliberately chose not to be tested in Florida because a positive result would have stranded me there for at least 10 days. Instead I flew to Buffalo knowing I might be positive and was tested there as regardless of the result I could return to Canada. 

It's not difficult to see why someone in the same situation on a cruise would be hesitant to be tested if it risked being banged up in an inside cabin for the duration and difficulty returning home after disembarkation. 

57 minutes ago, K32682 said:

Loophole? Not really. Just explaining the reality. I had a mild cough, congestion and felt fatigued all of which are COVID symptoms. I deliberately chose not to be tested in Florida because a positive result would have stranded me there for at least 10 days. Instead I flew to Buffalo knowing I might be positive and was tested there as regardless of the result I could return to Canada. 

It's not difficult to see why someone in the same situation on a cruise would be hesitant to be tested if it risked being banged up in an inside cabin for the duration and difficulty returning home after disembarkation. 

Yeah, the reality is that you said "F" everyone between Florida and Buffalo.  Did you even wear masks or try to distance when possible?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, K32682 said:

Thanks for reinforcing my original comments.  

4 hours ago, cruizergal70 said:

Yeah, the reality is that you said "F" everyone between Florida and Buffalo.  Did you even wear masks or try to distance when possible?

Masks were required at the time. I distanced as much as possible. As it turned out I wasn't positive and no one was "F'd" to use your terminology. I had a specific need to return to Canada and do not apologize for putting my own immediate self-interests first. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off Quantum yesterday and I hear about 50 were quarantined on board and many others are now testing positive.  

I tested negative today. Will test again in a few days.  My husband and I wore kn94 at all times except while eating.  Hoping for the best but knowing we were exposed and maybe will test positive.  Had a balcony and spent most of the sea days in our cabin, ate breakfast in the cabin. Only went to one show and did one excursion.  Still had a enjoyable trip but it was very different because we stayed very vigilant.

• Like 1