Norwegian Joy

I'm sure the Observation Lounge would be a nice quiet place to read if you brought your own books. 

When I was Iooking at the deck plans I couldn't find a "library" as on other NCL ships.  My download copy of the ship's guide shows it should be on deck 6.

Take care, happytotravel

The forward section of deck 15 is essentially a library area.. Lots of nooks and crannies for privacy. At the very front of the ship a bar and Starbucks with a great view forward. Front a has food setup where you can get coffee / and danish in the AM. Port and starboard have areas with setups mid day snacks. The deck is not advertised much and consequently quiet and generally underutilized.

There may be some books in the Chess and Card room just aft of guest services.  If not there, maybe in the conference & card room on the starboard side just forward of the internet cafe.

Aside from the Observation Lounge, which is huge and enormous in size, and under-utilized (yet to explore & discover it) - Port side, Deck 6 Mid/Fwd behind Guest Services ... next to Cruise Next is Chess & Card Room, it is open & does NOT have a door, thus can be noisy - but plenty of comfortable sofa & single chairs for reading.  It is the closest to be considered a Library, but nothing to be loaned out and no "librarian" and/or office hours, etc.  

Bring a noise-isolating headset or in-ear buds for peace & quiet/tranquility, a Kindle and/or Fire tablets or iPad, with the Kindle Apps ... preloaded your personal collection of contents, sit back & enjoy, sip off your insulated tumbler or use bar services ... Starbuck is across the way, nearby - starboard side.  Either places will give you peace-of-mind to read & doze off. or try the outdoors on the waterfront ... Deck 8.  

PXL_20220510_131227694.jpg

Edited by mking8288

26 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

It is the closest to be considered a Library, but nothing to be loaned out

and yet still not what the OP is looking for I guess (we both suggested this space but I couldn't recall if there were books there as I never looked).

1 hour ago, happytotravel said:

I'm sure the Observation Lounge would be a nice quiet place to read if you brought your own books.

Seems to imply they didn't or won't bring their own books.

1 hour ago, happytotravel said:

Hi,

Does the Joy have a library? 

Thanks,

happytotravel

Yes, the Joy has a Library. Deck 6 behind the Atrium screen.

image.png.0c83ae8ad5a795de67e9e35e05ccc8c2.png

image.png.678114b7b1f3a1bae50bf04c46b71cd9.png

image.png.f8ed073ec3dc93dc5711bd6ac113810c.png

image.png.be41db9cec09211e651db207c1ccc1b0.png

There are also some books and games in the Observation Lounge, Deck 15 Forward

image.png.cd4c0165edd2629778a293f63c9dc0b9.png

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes, the Joy has a Library. Deck 6 behind the Atrium screen.

I thought that might be it (mentioned in my previous post).  it's in the same place as a room marked as 'Library' on the Bliss deck plan.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  I'll bring a book from home but always like to see what's available on the ship.

On one cruise I was introduced to Erin Hunter's "Warrior Cat" series and now have all but the latest book.  It's a great series even if you are now "young at heart".

Enjoy whatever cruise you are planning!

happytotravel

• Like 2