How can international Carnival cruisers be sure of an accepted covid test?

Velvetwater

Hi

Booking the glory out of NOLA for mid August.

The 2 companies Carnival recommends to buy covid test kits for don't ship to the uk and the port testing they provide isn't available for our dates.

Can anyone help with Carnival approved covid test kits that have observed healthcare professionals that ship to the UK?

Failing that....places in NOLA that we can book.

Thank you

The best thing we have found so far is Qured. They seem to have testing centres in both the US and UK to observe you doing a test. Hopefully we could take these with us after buying in the Uk and have a UK health professional observe virtually  then send the report. They do 9am to 9pm uk time so easy to match to US time.

Edited by Velvetwater

Depending on when you are leaving the UK, you could go to Boots.  If you get to the US more than 3 days before your cruise, I would go to a CVS or Walgreens. I do not know how they handle international travelers, but since Boots and Walgreens are owned by the same people, I would think they would have a means of dealing with this. Or you could have an emed test shipped to your hotel.  

Edited by Eli_6

15 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Or you could have an emed test shipped to your hotel.  

if you can not get test shipped to the hotel, you can buy any regular covid test at cvs/walgreens and then use the various online telehealth services to get the test protected and verified. I use Azova for my covid telehealth test service using any coid test kit. another service provider i see here on this site is onpoint testing 

On 7/11/2022 at 7:33 AM, shof515 said:

if you can not get test shipped to the hotel, you can buy any regular covid test at cvs/walgreens and then use the various online telehealth services to get the test protected and verified. I use Azova for my covid telehealth test service using any coid test kit. another service provider i see here on this site is onpoint testing 

What?  You buy a cheap self test at the store and use the navica app to get it proctored?  I didn't know this was permitted?  I bought the more expensive emed tests because I thought those self tests were not accepted.  Have you actually done this and it was accepted for carnival cruise?

7 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

What?  You buy a cheap self test at the store and use the navica app to get it proctored?  I didn't know this was permitted?  I bought the more expensive emed tests because I thought those self tests were not accepted.  Have you actually done this and it was accepted for carnival cruise?

You can use the free government test, or any other OTC test you buy virtually anywhere. Then pay $15 to OnPoint and that's all you need. If you don't want to use OnPoint, you can use another proctoring service. OnPoint just seems to be the most popular, and cheapest. The Binax test advertised on Carnival are a bit more expensive, but it's the same concept.

For the OP, as soon as you arrive in the US, just go to any store and buy a cheap test kit. Then go to OnPoint and pay the $15 and get your results emailed to you shortly after. That'd be the cheapest and less stressful way to go.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:06 AM, teknoge3k said:

You can use the free government test, or any other OTC test you buy virtually anywhere. Then pay $15 to OnPoint and that's all you need. If you don't want to use OnPoint, you can use another proctoring service. OnPoint just seems to be the most popular, and cheapest. The Binax test advertised on Carnival are a bit more expensive, but it's the same concept.

For the OP, as soon as you arrive in the US, just go to any store and buy a cheap test kit. Then go to OnPoint and pay the $15 and get your results emailed to you shortly after. That'd be the cheapest and less stressful way to go.

oh, I see, its not at at home test, you have to go to a lab.  That's the difference.  

17 minutes ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

oh, I see, its not at at home test, you have to go to a lab.  That's the difference.  

No, you do not go to any labs or anywhere. You order a free test from the government or buy any OTC test at the store of your choosing or Amazon. Then you have OnPoint proctor the test. It's $15 for the OnPoint service. That's it. You do it from your house. The same concept as Binax has been using, and the same concept as Teledoc / Dr on Demand.