Problem changing air on Myvikingjourney?

Mountain Traveler

My cruise is 119 days away and I have Viking air plus.  I have been trying to change my Air flights on Myvikingjourney, but after selecting new flight and picking seats, the system gives an error and tells me to try again later. Have anyone been successful in changing fights on Myvikingjourney recently?

Also have air plus.  Yes, about 2 weeks ago, I changed departure date and airport, in 1 step on MVJ, and also selected seats in same session.  Was charged $200 air deviation fee which I paid for with Visa card.  Was simpler than I thought it would be.

11 hours ago, Mountain Traveler said:

My cruise is 119 days away and I have Viking air plus.  I have been trying to change my Air flights on Myvikingjourney, but after selecting new flight and picking seats, the system gives an error and tells me to try again later. Have anyone been successful in changing fights on Myvikingjourney recently?

Try a different browser or even a different device.  

FetaCheese - thanks for the reply. 

I tried multiple times yesterday and once this morning and always get the same result when I confirm my new flight choices - it works on it for a minute than gives an error: "Booking Failed  !  There was an issue booking your flights.  Please try again."  Very frustrating as there are limited Premium Economy seats available for one leg of the return flight. 

I am using Windows 10 and receive the same error on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers.  It also fails on my Android tablet.

I also tried selecting a different set of flights and still get the same error.

Still trying to figure out if it is an issue with my flights/reservation or if the Viking system is not working today. 

• Like 1

I had the same problem. Tried 3 times to change a return flight to a later time using MVJ. I called my Viking agent who transferred me to Viking Air where it was answered in 2 rings. It took a while to find out why this was happening - it turned out that there was a problem with this particular flight as the air agent initially had trouble getting it as well. I did not have Air Plus, but the agent got approval from her supervisor to waive the fee since we should have been able to do this on MVJ. 

24 minutes ago, FetaCheese said:

I remember reading that you have 30 minutes to complete booking change.

You're correct - but my problem (and I'm sure others) were well within 30 minutes. The second and third tries were at most 5 minutes. 

• Thanks 1

I had to call. Never could get it to even show me available options on MVJ. Even though I was more than 60 days out the agent was happy to help. Got me set up on the desired flights with less than a minute wait to speak with an agent. Took a few minutes on the phone with the agent because he had to clear it with the supervisor to have the flights ticketed now so I could upgrade our seats with miles. But it was taken care of. 

Ultimately I also resolved this by calling Viking Air Plus.  With a short wait (I ignored the message about 60 days) I spoke with a very helpful agent who made the changes I needed to my air flights.  I never found out why MVJ would not make the changes.

I will say, however, that the agent offered flights that were not listed on MVJ.

I just went directly to my airline account and changed our seats through their page rather than go through the cumbersome MVJ page that wasn’t at all user friendly. If you don’t have an account with the specific airline maybe you can create one and go that route to make your changes?