Finding a better price after booking cruise.....

Booked a Thanksgiving 2022 cruise about 4 months ago. Final payment is due next month (booked direct through RCL).

If I find a better price, will they match it or would I have to cancel booking and rebook at lower price?

4 minutes ago, gizbug said:

Booked a Thanksgiving 2022 cruise about 4 months ago. Final payment is due next month (booked direct through RCL).

If I find a better price, will they match it or would I have to cancel booking and rebook at lower price?

They will match the price.  I just repriced 3 of my cruises yesterday and had no problems doing it.  We saved a total of $800!

2 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

They will match the price.  I just repriced 3 of my cruises yesterday and had no problems doing it.  We saved a total of $800!

was it from a competitor site or did you just call and ask if they had a better price for the room you had booked with them?

41 minutes ago, gizbug said:

was it from a competitor site or did you just call and ask if they had a better price for the room you had booked with them?

I don't think you'll have much luck calling and asking if they had a better price. It's going to require some effort on your part. Do a mock booking for the cruise you will be on. Make sure you look at the same category cabin. If the new price is lower, call RCI (or your TA) and ask to get a refund for the price difference. If you find the better price after final payment date, you won't get a refund but you will bet OBC for the price difference.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

If you find the better price after final payment date, you won't get a refund but you will bet OBC for the price difference.

That only applies if booked by 3/31/2022, departing by 9/30/2022.

Best Price Guarantee

For sailings booked by March 31, 2022 that depart by September 30, 2022, our Best Price Guarantee gives you an adjustment if you spot a better price on your cruise. So you’re ensured to get the best value. Give us a call up to 48 hours before your sail date and you’ll receive the price difference as an onboard credit or rate adjustment — it’s your choice. 

Edited by Another_Critic

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

That only applies if booked by 3/31/2022, departing by 9/30/2022.

Best Price Guarantee

For sailings booked by March 31, 2022 that depart by September 30, 2022, our Best Price Guarantee gives you an adjustment if you spot a better price on your cruise. So you’re ensured to get the best value. Give us a call up to 48 hours before your sail date and you’ll receive the price difference as an onboard credit or rate adjustment — it’s your choice. 

I read that on the website, but I was able to get a lower prices on 3 cruises that depart after 9-30-22.  November, December of 22 and also May of 2023.  I just did it yesterday.

1 minute ago, Tlbecker1 said:

I read that on the website, but I was able to get a lower prices on 3 cruises that depart after 9-30-22.  November, December of 22 and also May of 2023.  I just did it yesterday.

That post was about price drops INSIDE final payment - all yours are outside of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1