Princess EZ-Air

jamesbauer

Some thoughts/experiences with Princess EZ-Air:

I had two recent bookings with EZ-Air, one for a Mediterranean cruise and one for Alaska. I found that, until a stated number of days before the trip (45, I think), I was able to use EZ-Air to check for price changes and better flights after I made my original selection. This was great as it saved me a considerable amount of money while allowing me to get better flights. I also found EZ-Air to have much better prices than individual airlines. Possibly a travel agent can get these better rates also.

My Alaska flight was from L.A. to Seattle, leaving LAX at 09:30 on cruise day. We allowed for 2.5 hours at the airport and 1.5 hours to get to the airport. So we got up at 5 a.m. only to find a 4 a.m. text from Delta saying the flight would be delayed, not departing until 1 p.m.  This flight would not reach Seattle in time for us to be aboard for a 3 p.m. sailing.  I got on the phone to Princess EZ-Air (800-545-0008) at 5:15 and was on hold until 6 a.m. when an operator came on line, only to be having trouble with her headset. My wife was also calling on another line and got an operator about 6:10 a.m. Meanwhile, I was unsuccessfully using various flight booking services (e.g. Kayak & Southwest) in an effort to find any possibilities for a flight. No luck. Within about 10-15 minutes the EZ-Air operator had found and booked two seats on United, leaving LAX just after 10 and getting into Seattle about 1:30 p.m. At no extra cost to us, we were booked business class, which was a pleasant way to travel. Another benefit was that United tagged our bags as 'priority' and they were the first to come out of the luggage carousel. Anyway, we caught the last two seats on the last Princess bus from the Seattle airport and made the cruise on time.

Long and the short of it - EZ-Air seems to have a lot of plusses to consider.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, jamesbauer said:

Some thoughts/experiences with Princess EZ-Air:

I had two recent bookings with EZ-Air, one for a Mediterranean cruise and one for Alaska. I found that, until a stated number of days before the trip (45, I think), I was able to use EZ-Air to check for price changes and better flights after I made my original selection. This was great as it saved me a considerable amount of money while allowing me to get better flights. I also found EZ-Air to have much better prices than individual airlines. Possibly a travel agent can get these better rates also.

My Alaska flight was from L.A. to Seattle, leaving LAX at 09:30 on cruise day. We allowed for 2.5 hours at the airport and 1.5 hours to get to the airport. So we got up at 5 a.m. only to find a 4 a.m. text from Delta saying the flight would be delayed, not departing until 1 p.m.  This flight would not reach Seattle in time for us to be aboard for a 3 p.m. sailing.  I got on the phone to Princess EZ-Air (800-545-0008) at 5:15 and was on hold until 6 a.m. when an operator came on line, only to be having trouble with her headset. My wife was also calling on another line and got an operator about 6:10 a.m. Meanwhile, I was unsuccessfully using various flight booking services (e.g. Kayak & Southwest) in an effort to find any possibilities for a flight. No luck. Within about 10-15 minutes the EZ-Air operator had found and booked two seats on United, leaving LAX just after 10 and getting into Seattle about 1:30 p.m. At no extra cost to us, we were booked business class, which was a pleasant way to travel. Another benefit was that United tagged our bags as 'priority' and they were the first to come out of the luggage carousel. Anyway, we caught the last two seats on the last Princess bus from the Seattle airport and made the cruise on time.

Long and the short of it - EZ-Air seems to have a lot of plusses to consider.

I was happy to read the happy ending. 

Hopefully, you have now decided to fly to the port the day prior to your cruise in order to remove the "same-day" stress.  Still the same great airfares from EZ-Air.  Especially in these times of turmoil in the airline world.  Hope your trip home went without issue.

• Like 2

We have been using EZ air for years. I know there have been many complaints but we have had recent experience that was wonderful despite a worrying start. We were flying Boston to Paris to Barcelona on June 30 for our July 2 cruise. The second leg was cancelled by the airline the night before we left. We called EZ air. Jabeen (and her supervisor) spent at least a half hour trying to find replacement flights. They could only get us a flight for the next day, which still got us to the cruise on time. We flew to Paris and spent the night only to have our next flight also cancelled - by the airline . Turns out there was a strike against Air France. Again we called EZ air. This time Victor spent another half hour until he finally found us a flight on Iberia in business class - no additional cost. Thankfully the ship wasn’t leaving Barcelona until 10 pm. We arrived about 4pm so had time to spare. EZ air really came through for us! We also booked our airport to ship transfer via Viator and they managed the multiple changes without any problem. They were very responsive.

• Like 3

We were on a 32 day South America cruise from Santiago, Chile to Ft. Lauderdale in March, 2020!  On Day 12 we were told that cruising would be stopped due to Covid and we would have to disembark in Buenos Aires. Thank goodness for EZAIR. Princess got us home through 3 airports and our first flight from Buenos Aires took off 4 hours before the border closed. 
The passengers who didn’t have EZAIR were scrambling to find a way to get home at exorbitant prices. It didn’t cost us a penny. Our original flight home would have been Ft. Lauderdale to Newark. Instead, we went Buenos Aires to Santiago to Bogata to Newark. That was way more expensive. 
I always use EZAIR  and after that experience, I always will. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pupydog said:

We were on a 32 day South America cruise from Santiago, Chile to Ft. Lauderdale in March, 2020!  On Day 12 we were told that cruising would be stopped due to Covid and we would have to disembark in Buenos Aires. Thank goodness for EZAIR. Princess got us home through 3 airports and our first flight from Buenos Aires took off 4 hours before the border closed. 
The passengers who didn’t have EZAIR were scrambling to find a way to get home at exorbitant prices. It didn’t cost us a penny. Our original flight home would have been Ft. Lauderdale to Newark. Instead, we went Buenos Aires to Santiago to Bogata to Newark. That was way more expensive. 
I always use EZAIR  and after that experience, I always will. 

Same here.  We were on that ship too and EZAIR got us home

from Buenos Aires before the President of Argentina closed the borders at midnight!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, zogrand said:

... We were flying Boston to Paris to Barcelona on June 30 for our July 2 cruise. The second leg was cancelled by the airline the night before we left. .... Turns out there was a strike against Air France.

Been there done that. Another personal travel rule of mine is avoid flying through France, especially Paris, at all costs. More than once have my travel plans been blown up because the unions there will go on strike if someone accidentally looks cross-eyed at a member. It could be a simple one-hour work stoppage, intentional baggage delays or a multi-day event. You never know...

• Like 1