long layover coming in Montreal going in Toronto

april_4_us

So we are coming into Vancouver from Detroit, we have about a 7 hr layover. My mom smokes, are there any bars in the Montreal and or Toronto airports that she can smoke without leaving the building? Also our flight going home we arrive in Toronto at 1:20am. does the hotel attached to the airport do day passes so we don't have to sleep in the airport from 120a to approx 6am?

Thanks in advance 

April

Per the website, smoking areas are available outside only.  They won’t be bars or restaurants, or any other spaces within the airport.  There are very few places to smoke indoors in Canada.  Good thing you’re traveling in summer.

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/whats-happening/stories/designated-smoking-areas

Not sure if either hotel offers day passes, you’ll have to contact them directly.

https://www.torontopearson.com/en/while-you-are-here/hotels

Edited by bookbabe

4 hours ago, april_4_us said:

My mom smokes, are there any bars in the Montreal and or Toronto airports that she can smoke without leaving the building? Also our flight going home we arrive in Toronto at 1:20am. does the hotel attached to the airport do day passes so we don't have to sleep in the airport from 120a to approx 6am?

I would be very weary of connecting through Montreal right now-- hundreds of flights being cancelled daily and baggage workers unable to keep up. It has been a total nightmare. 

20 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

I would be very weary of connecting through Montreal right now-- hundreds of flights being cancelled daily and baggage workers unable to keep up. It has been a total nightmare. 

I know but I am limited in ways to get to vancouver from detroit. But pretty much all of the flights in canada are subject to delays or cancellations. 

17 minutes ago, april_4_us said:

I know but I am limited in ways to get to vancouver from detroit. But pretty much all of the flights in canada are subject to delays or cancellations. 

I guess you've already booked your flights?  If not, you may want to look at Westjet for the DTW to YVR trip; they work with Delta and the connection through Toronto is pretty seamless.

3 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

I guess you've already booked your flights?  If not, you may want to look at Westjet for the DTW to YVR trip; they work with Delta and the connection through Toronto is pretty seamless.

yes we have already booked flights that have already changed once, but from what I hear westjet thru delta is having cancellations as well. were flying in a 2 days early to hopefully miss any type of issues. 

37 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Why is this on the West Coast ports board?  Last I checked, the Toronto and Montreal Airports are a little removed from the Pacific Ocean....

Well, they're leaving from Detroit.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You may have done the trip already.

No smoking anywhere in either airport.  Those days are long gone.   You would have to go outside which is easy enough to do.  You will go through customs when you arrive so you can leave but will have to go back through security but you have lots of time.  Montreal is a beautiful city.  You do not indicate the time you are arriving?  If during daytime, grab a cab/uber to Old Montreal for a few hours.  If at night book the airport hotel, a Marriott or hit a lounge, you can pay a one time fee.

Toronto, book the hotel at Terminal 3.  I am pretty sure it is a Sheraton.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:41 PM, bill0021 said:

You may have done the trip already.

No smoking anywhere in either airport.  Those days are long gone.   You would have to go outside which is easy enough to do.  You will go through customs when you arrive so you can leave but will have to go back through security but you have lots of time.  Montreal is a beautiful city.  You do not indicate the time you are arriving?  If during daytime, grab a cab/uber to Old Montreal for a few hours.  If at night book the airport hotel, a Marriott or hit a lounge, you can pay a one time fee.

Toronto, book the hotel at Terminal 3.  I am pretty sure it is a Sheraton.

We are actually arriving around 1050 am and we aren't supposed to fly to vancouver until1830. we have plenty of time if the flights are on time and or we dont have a huge delay.

Thanks for the information. I can guarantee my mom will be going out to smoke for sure!

april

On 8/10/2022 at 12:28 PM, april_4_us said:

We are actually arriving around 1050 am and we aren't supposed to fly to vancouver until1830. we have plenty of time if the flights are on time and or we dont have a huge delay.

Thanks for the information. I can guarantee my mom will be going out to smoke for sure!

april

Haha, I feel for your mom.  I quit smoking over a decade ago so do not feel the pain now but did.  I remember when Canada and The US went smoke free in their airspace in the early 90's.  You could still smoke in Mexican Airspace.  We would all look out the window to see when we would cross the Rio Grande River, which is the border between Texas and Mexico then light up.  Crazy.  Have a great trip!

• Like 1