Bergen taxis at the port

Taxis in Bergen are relatively bit expensive (like everything in Norway)

Charges are based on meter drop fee, per km fee and per minute fee.

They are NOT listed on side of the car.

Uber is not yet in Bergen 

There are couple of taxi companies that are very good and respond quickly. (such as 07000)

Most hotels have kiosk from where you can self order a taxi by touching screen few times.

They also list their charges clearly on their website.

Download its app and hope that your US credit catd works

Bergen also have good bus service (4 USD per ride per person)

Flobannen is not far from back of Bryggen houses (although on slight uphill)

Do not buy tickets to Flobannen upfront. Bergen weather is moody (drizzles more than Seattle - 280 days in a year). If clouds are low, you may not be able to see anything from the top. Even with multiple cruise ship in the town, the line for the funicular is usually not long. (There are self service kiosks to buy tickets)

On the other hand Bryggen houses can be seen in any weather

Edited by hal2008
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, hal2008 said:

There are couple of taxi companies that are very good and respond quickly. (such as 07000)

Most hotels have kiosk from where you can self order a taxi by touching screen few times.

Do not buy tickets to Flobannen upfront. Bergen weather is moody (drizzles more than Seattle - 280 days in a year). If clouds are low, you may not be able to see anything from the top. Even with multiple cruise ship in the town, the line for the funicular is usually not long. (There are self service kiosks to buy tickets)

Thank you ! I was hoping we would be on the Bryggen side of the pier but a 25 min walk from 

8 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Thank you ! I was hoping that we would be on the bryggen side of the water but a 25 minute walk from the other side through many twisted streets with veery long names is too much for me . Pray for good weather for me because I already bought flobanen tickets . I hope my Canadain credit cards work for the taxi but I have Norweigen Krones in my pocket  🙂

• Like 1

When I was in Bergen we also docked at Jektevik. A shuttle bus was provided to take us closer into the primary tourist area.  It dropped us off on the south edge of the 8-sided lake/park you can see on maps.  This was closer to the funicular, but still required about 10 minutes to get there.  This was a long time ago, so I have no idea if it is still offered.  I suppose it’s also possible it was supplied by the cruise line.  Celebrity, in my case. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

When I was in Bergen we also docked at Jektevik. A shuttle bus was provided to take us closer into the primary tourist area.  It dropped us off on the south edge of the 8-sided lake/park you can see on maps.  This was closer to the funicular, but still required about 10 minutes to get there.  This was a long time ago, so I have no idea if it is still offered.  I suppose it’s also possible it was supplied by the cruise line.  Celebrity, in my case. 

Wow that would be wonderful and certainly solve my problem ... HAL are you reading this ? Please ?

1 hour ago, Cruisetrekker said:

Wow that would be wonderful and certainly solve my problem ... HAL are you reading this ? Please ?

I found a 2018 Bergen Cruise Guide here. It looks official. 

https://www.visitbergen.com/dbimgs/Port-of-Bergen-Cruise-info-2018-brochure.pdf

It says…

“FROM DOKKEN / JEKTEVIKEN BERTHS
Dokken and Jekteviken are industrial piers, and for safety reasons the Port of Bergen provides
FOC shuttle buses for passengers and crew. Shuttle buses are parked near the gangway and stops just outside the ISPS area at Nøstet. At the Nøstet stop, tourist maps are available and it is only approx 700 meters walk to Torgalmenningen main square.”

This is not the location I was dropped at back in 2010 however.  There is a map in that document and the location it shows as the 2018 drop off location is outside the port, but barely.  So still a little ways too walk.  I would eagerly do that walk, but if it’s not your thing, I get it.  I suppose it’s possible that taxis may not be permitted in the industrial port too.  But maybe they are. 

11 hours ago, Cruisetrekker said:

In May we used the shuttle provided from Jekteviken to the center of Bergen (beside the tourist information office). Later HAL passengers in the Netherlands reported they used the shuttle too. It really is a short walk to Floibanen. I hope you can enjoy the view from the top of Floibanen. Happy cruising!

You will certainly get some form of shuttle to get you out of industrial port from (it could be just outside port, by the lake/park (byparken) or tourist information (torget)).

If it is at torget, you may be able to just walk. (last block is slightly uphill but gradual)

If it is byparken, (lake/park), it is still walkable (just quarter mile more than torget - area is flat)

Buses are available from here. (bus 10 and 18 brings you very close to the funicular)

For taxi, just download the 07000 app or most hotel will help you get one.

Taxi should cost around 200-250 NOK.

Bergen although large city (as you will see from top of mountain if not obstructed by clouds), touristy part is quite walkable. From Byparken to Bryggen houses via stop at funicular IS what walking sightseeing all about here.

• Like 1

Can anyone who has taken cruise this year to Bergen's Dokken/Jetevik port confirm where does the free port bus drop pax?

1. Just outside the port gate (1 minute bus ride)

2. Byparken (central park with lake)

3. Torget/Fishmarket

• 5 months later...

I'm bumping this back up and hoping that someone who cruised to Bergen this summer might be able to answer.

Where does the Dokken/Jetevik port shuttle drop off passengers?

It is a 1 km walk from where I think the dropoff point might be to Bryggen, so I think we will be OK no matter what, but I'm concerned about returns.

We will be there in late June, there are 3 ships scheduled to be in port that day. We have a 1:00 pm arrival, so I'm quite concerned that we will be at the Dokken/Jetevik port.

• 1 month later...

Where does the Dokken/Jetevik port shuttle drop off passengers?

a tourist map I saved from our last visit where we did NOT park at Jek/Dok piers .... shows a 'cruise shuttle' takes you out of the heavy industrial area and no further.

image.thumb.png.081f1fe13e62d829d59e23060e4a21f3.png

the fish market is about 1/2 mile and the old water front maybe another quarter ... ditto for the funicular (depends on which way you turn at the corner. These walks would be pretty flat . . . but not too many more blocks from the water things can get STEEP