ALCOVE - Daily Rental

LMHSRN

34 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Can anyone tell me what is included in the daily rental of an ALCOVE?

I know water and fruit plate but is there anything else.

Any recommendations pro or con?

We did a ‘port day’ rental of the Alcove on the Equinox and enjoyed it.  Service would have been good had we really taken advantage of it— they checked with us several times.  But we had the drinks package and it was so close to the Sunset Bar that we got our drinks there and actually enjoyed lunch elsewhere then came back.  

We didn’t use the Alcove in the evening, but could have.

There was no proactive offer of fruit plate or water.  We knew this was part of the deal, but didn’t ask and really didn’t mind not receiving.

For what it is worth I had some concerns about privacy with the Alcove and while it is true you are fairly visible, we had no problems. I will say on a sunny, hot day some tenting overhead would have been nice.  But all in all, not bad.  Won’t do it again I don’t think but don’t feel like it was a waste of money since there were four of us.  It made a great meet-up spot.

It varies quite a bit on S class versus E class and who your attendant is. You typically will have two during the day. They don't really adhere to the drinks listed on any menus. You can have pretty much whatever you want including bottles of champagne if you ask. The menu says 4 liter bottles of Evian, but if you have a drink package you can have whatever you want. Some of the other inclusions they list like Evian spritz and things like that, I have never seen on either class. I feel like the lunch menu is slightly different on S vs E class as well. 

We have rented them several times and feel like service is definitely more attentive on E class since you aren't stuck out on the lawn in no mans land. 

Well we got a bottle of Veuve with our port day rental on Equinox! It was advertised as part of the package - I’d booked online for less than $100 so never thought we’d get it but we did. Thoroughly enjoyed our day - in fact almost two days as it started to rain mid morning so they let us change our booking to the next day. And whilst I certainly did walk to the Sunset bar at times I was also conscious the more we ordered the more gratuity (from the drink package) the alcove attendant got - we did tip on top too. 
Wendy