Luggage Forward on Disembarkation

chpal

Hi,

I know many folks are using this, or a similar service and are pleased with the ease and convenience of not having to manage luggage.  My question is - how straightforward is the pickup upon disembarkation in Miami?  I know we have to take our own luggage off the ship, but is the Luggage Forward pickup spot easy to find?  Any experiences to relate in this regard?

Thanks!

23 minutes ago, chpal said:

Hi,

I know many folks are using this, or a similar service and are pleased with the ease and convenience of not having to manage luggage.  My question is - how straightforward is the pickup upon disembarkation in Miami?  I know we have to take our own luggage off the ship, but is the Luggage Forward pickup spot easy to find?  Any experiences to relate in this regard?

Thanks!

Good question!!  I (hope) - but I do not know the answer -  we can just put the luggage outside our state room, with a big label and/or luggage tags provided by O that clearly indicated it is for "Luggage Forwarding"; and the cabin steward will put the said luggage at the right place for Luggage Forwarding to collect at the terminal.  (??)

Hope the ATW cruisers will have the answer for that.  Thank you!!

• Like 1

Overall, I've been satisfied with the service, but it hasn't always been seamless.  When I disembarked from Regatta on July 8 in Seattle, I waited about 45 minutes before the Luggage Forward driver made it to us.  Employees at the terminal generally had never heard of Luggage Forward and didn't know where to direct me to pickup.  It ultimately got sorted, but there was confusion.  Not ideal.  Ultimately, my suitcase was collected, and it was delivered to my front doorstep three days later.  Worth it - for me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Godblessourhome said:

Good question!!  I (hope) - but I do not know the answer -  we can just put the luggage outside our state room, with a big label and/or luggage tags provided by O that clearly indicated it is for "Luggage Forwarding"; and the cabin steward will put the said luggage at the right place for Luggage Forwarding to collect at the terminal.  (??)

This is how it worked for Regent, and we suspect O is the same:  In multiple experiences in Miami with Luggage Forward. we tagged our luggage (as everyone does with the colored O luggage tags) and left it outside our door the evening before departure.  We next saw it when we disembarked and went to the luggage storage area on shore.  We took the bags through customs right at that area and proceeded outside the building.  A Luggage Forward representative was just outside holding a sign that said "Luggage Forward".  We handed the person the bags and left.  That's it.  Our luggage showed up at our home a few days later.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

This is how it worked for Regent, and we suspect O is the same:  In multiple experiences in Miami with Luggage Forward. we tagged our luggage (as everyone does with the colored O luggage tags) and left it outside our door the evening before departure.  We next saw it when we disembarked and went to the luggage storage area on shore.  We took the bags through customs right at that area and proceeded outside the building.  A Luggage Forward representative was just outside holding a sign that said "Luggage Forward".  We handed the person the bags and left.  That's it.  Our luggage showed up at our home a few days later.

OOOOO!  Thanks!  I have beden umming and aaring about luggage forward for upcoming cruise. I was interested to know how it works for disembarkation ! And now I know 

Thank you

Josie

10 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Thank you!!  That make sense!!  We will be disembarking in Yokohama in our upcoming cruise.  I wonder whether it will  be, more or less, with the same procedure.  Does anybody have a similar experience?  Thank you!! 

The description provided for Regent is exactly how it worked for us on Insignia when we disembarked the world cruise in Miami.  You must collect your bags to go through customs and then hand them over to the Luggage Forward People … the instructions were clear on this.

Nonetheless, several people neglected to do this.  The problem then was that they were not allowed back into the luggage area since they had cleared customs already. Not sure how they eventually worked it out.  We also met one couple who neglected to pick up their bags to go through customs and didn’t realize they had to do so until the transfer bus got to the airport and we were talking with them while we were waiting to check in.  Again, not sure what they ended up doing since we checked in for our flight and flew home soon after.

18 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Thanks so much - this is very helpful!

6 hours ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

The description provided for Regent is exactly how it worked for us on Insignia when we disembarked the world cruise in Miami.  You must collect your bags to go through customs and then hand them over to the Luggage Forward People … the instructions were clear on this.

Nonetheless, several people neglected to do this.  The problem then was that they were not allowed back into the luggage area since they had cleared customs already. Not sure how they eventually worked it out.  We also met one couple who neglected to pick up their bags to go through customs and didn’t realize they had to do so until the transfer bus got to the airport and we were talking with them while we were waiting to check in.  Again, not sure what they ended up doing since we checked in for our flight and flew home soon after.

Thank you for the detailed reminder - very helpful!!

Has anyone ever used luggage forward for embarkation? I'm considering using them to pick up our luggage at our home and transport it to cruise ship at Amsterdam port. Any input would be appreciated.

32 minutes ago, SUESEABE said:

Has anyone ever used luggage forward for embarkation? I'm considering using them to pick up our luggage at our home and transport it to cruise ship at Amsterdam port. Any input would be appreciated.

Have not used to ship overseas, but have read reports from others who have.  Worked great for some.  Others wrote that some or all of their bags got stuck in customs.  Something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

We have done it before, to Stockholm and from Amsterdam.  Both worked well.  We plan to send a couple bags this way to Amsterdam for Sept/Oct. cruise.

• Thanks 1

I've used it probably four times for embarkation, and it has worked smoothly.  Bear in mind that they want your bag packed and ready for pickup eight to ten days before the ship sails, so wardrobe choices have to be made well in advance of departure.  Tracking notifications are sent, so you're aware when your bag arrives at the ship terminal.  (Actually, since I tend to procrastinate, it's probably good for me to have a deadline for choosing my clothes.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/22/2022 at 7:17 AM, Carolfay said:

I've used it probably four times for embarkation, and it has worked smoothly.  Bear in mind that they want your bag packed and ready for pickup eight to ten days before the ship sails, so wardrobe choices have to be made well in advance of departure.  Tracking notifications are sent, so you're aware when your bag arrives at the ship terminal.  (Actually, since I tend to procrastinate, it's probably good for me to have a deadline for choosing my clothes.)

We received our bags within hours of embarkation from Luggage Forward.  I also put a air tag in each bag.  One bag was delivered and the air tag led me to the other that was in front of another passengers cabin.   

• Like 1

HORRIBLE ! Experience  With Luggage Forward

Traveled on Cunard Queen Elizabeth in May 2022 (Southampton  to FT. Lauderdale) Paid Luggage Forward to send my luggage from Ft. Lauderdale to San Francisco.

I was responsible for getting my luggage off the ship. No assistance from Luggage Forward.

There was no Rep in the cruise terminal and NO ONE ever showed up to pick up my luggage. 

I waited an hour and transported my luggage myself after Luggage Forward told me they were on the way. THEY NEVER SHOWED UP

Their Customer Service in their Boston office was useless  and it took many calls  for them to respond. 

After many calls they credited my original payment  without any explanation.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, zz19 said:

.I was responsible for getting my luggage off the ship. No assistance from Luggage Forward.

Our experience was 180 out of yours.  We shipped to Montreal from Atlanta and the luggage showed up at our cabin on the ship.  We then shipped Southampton to Atlanta after the cruise.  We claimed our luggage at Customs and got a porter to take it out of the terminal and the Luggage Forward Rep. was standing there with a big sign.  He even put our Luggage Forward tags on for us. Totally seamless operation for us.

I am curious about your above quote;  What "assistance" were you expecting from Luggage Forward for getting off the ship?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi papaflamingo,

I am glad for you that your experience was positive.

. In answer to your question----

We were originally told that we could leave the luggage outside our room with the Luggage Forward tags attached  and that it would be picked up and given to  Luggage Forward. (Confirmed this with ship personal when I boarded)

I never expected Luggage Forward to be responsible for getting my bags off the ship, but that the ship would take care of getting the bags to them. 

I neglected to mention this on my prior post.

-Quote from Luggage Forward website.

"Money Back + $500 Guarantee"

When you ship your luggage with us, we guarantee it will arrive on time or there will be no charge for your shipment. And we will also give you up to $500 to make it right. It’s the best luggage shipping guarantee in the world, period!

If your bags do not arrive by end of day on your scheduled delivery date, barring a weather a customs delay, your baggage delivery will be free, and we will reimburse you up to $500. Our industry-leading guarantee is our way of saying you can count on us to get your luggage to your destination, on-time, every time.

Luggage Forward said "The "Guarantee does not apply  since the bags were never picked up"

Again I repeat,  THEY NEVER SHOWED UP !

Happy to clarify any other questions you may have.

Happy Sailing. 🙂

• Like 1

I researched several luggage shipping services. Luggage Free seemed to have the best reviews IMO. I called Luggage Free and pressed for a callback and I received a callback in 15 minutes. I did the same with Luggage Forward and didn't get a call back until 2 days later. I did book with Luggage Free, very professional representative on phone answered all my questions and was thorough at explaining the procedure. She also gave me a 15% new customer discount. They will pick up our bags from our front door (Pittsburgh, PA) eight days before cruise and tell me that the bags will be in our stateroom on cruise ship in Amsterdam when we board. Time will tell...I hope all goes as planned. We cruise in October so I will post results upon return.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, zz19 said:

Hi papaflamingo,

I am glad for you that your experience was positive.

. In answer to your question----

We were originally told that we could leave the luggage outside our room with the Luggage Forward tags attached  and that it would be picked up and given to  Luggage Forward. (Confirmed this with ship personal when I boarded)

I never expected Luggage Forward to be responsible for getting my bags off the ship, but that the ship would take care of getting the bags to them. 

I neglected to mention this on my prior post.

-Quote from Luggage Forward website.

"Money Back + $500 Guarantee"

When you ship your luggage with us, we guarantee it will arrive on time or there will be no charge for your shipment. And we will also give you up to $500 to make it right. It’s the best luggage shipping guarantee in the world, period!

If your bags do not arrive by end of day on your scheduled delivery date, barring a weather a customs delay, your baggage delivery will be free, and we will reimburse you up to $500. Our industry-leading guarantee is our way of saying you can count on us to get your luggage to your destination, on-time, every time.

Luggage Forward said "The "Guarantee does not apply  since the bags were never picked up"

Again I repeat,  THEY NEVER SHOWED UP !

Happy to clarify any other questions you may have.

Happy Sailing. 🙂

Thanks for the clarification.  I asked Luggage Forward how it would work in Southampton and here's what they told me by email:

"Please clear your bags with customs and then hand them off to our agent, who will meet you outside the tunnel."  

Since I was sending them down the night before, and had to collect the bags to clear Customs, I held onto my Luggage Forward tags and put them on after clearing Customs (actually their agent put them on for me).

I do understand your confusion.  . 

11 hours ago, SUESEABE said:

I researched several luggage shipping services. Luggage Free seemed to have the best reviews IMO. I called Luggage Free and pressed for a callback and I received a callback in 15 minutes. I did the same with Luggage Forward and didn't get a call back until 2 days later. I did book with Luggage Free, very professional representative on phone answered all my questions and was thorough at explaining the procedure. She also gave me a 15% new customer discount. They will pick up our bags from our front door (Pittsburgh, PA) eight days before cruise and tell me that the bags will be in our stateroom on cruise ship in Amsterdam when we board. Time will tell...I hope all goes as planned. We cruise in October so I will post results upon return.                                              

Thank you for providing this feedback about your planning experience with them. We also researched several companies and decided that Luggage Free had the best and most comprehensive service. We are shipping to the hotel we are staying at pre-cruise. 

• Like 1