Retreat suite differences

Cruzin64647

Most of the discussion here has contrasted Royal and Penthouse suites to Sky and Celebrity Suites. Is it accurate to say that the Edge Villas will fall on the Royal/Penthouse side of things? Since this will be our first Celebrity cruise I want to make sure I set expectations appropriately. 

3 hours ago, George C said:

Perks are nice with liquor setup and free specialty restaurants also suite is way larger . I admit in penthouse we were treated like royalty. 

Yes that’s my thing - going from being treated like Royalty to a normal suite guest. How will I cope with Aqua <joke obviously> 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

Yes that’s my thing - going from being treated like Royalty to a normal suite guest. How will I cope with Aqua <joke obviously> 

Obviously taking your comment as a joke but I do think many suite guests miss out on the full ship experience because they become focused on the suite aspects only…

When the suite package came in we had a period of dining in Luminae most breakfasts and dinner and had most of our pre and post dinner drinks in Michael’s (Retreat). We now tend to see the Retreat areas as nice places to return to if we want but spend a significant amount of time elsewhere on the ship…

We love a burger on a sea day at the mast bar more than we would enjoy a three course Luminae lunch. Elite breakfast is a nice choice on days you don’t want anything too heavy and we frequently will carry covered bacon and French bread back to our suite to make our own sandwiches…I am sure the butler would sort this for us but we are happy to see to ourselves most of the time. We will enjoy a Luminae breakfast once or twice per cruise but we certainly don’t want to go there daily.

Then there are the bars…The Retreat Lounge is nice but so is the World Bar, the Ensemble Lounge and we love on balmy nights sitting at the sunset bar…

It reminds me of the frequent discussions about ‘Why cruise in a suite on Celebrity when you could cruise on a real Luxury line’. My answer is on Celebrity is you have the best of both worlds, the higher service level and club ambiance in the suite area but also a lovely big ship with numerous bars to enjoy too.

I honestly think you won’t particularly miss the suite life, in fact not having Retreat areas may encourage you to enjoy the rest of the ship more…Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

You know that’s what I said to Gary when booking May’s Norway cruise.

I want to try not being in a suite which sounds elitist but there are times when you feel you have to get ‘your money’s worth’ by using retreat facilities while missing experiencing the rest of the ship.

I’d also rather holiday more & if that means not a suite life than so be it! 

Not sure how I will feel though on the new ships as not keen (from videos) of IV. Prefer a proper balcony.

Edited by wineoclock
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wineoclock said:

but there are times when you feel you have to get ‘your money’s worth’ by using retreat facilities while missing experiencing the rest of the ship.

Not me.  When it comes to the premium for suites, I'm buying options rather than obligations.  Among other things, I have more options where I can enjoy a drink and more options where I can enjoy a meal.  

I like options.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, texkat said:

Based on my limited experience in CS on Equinox and now just off the Penthouse on Millennium, the differences are tremendous.

I was treated very well when in CS, got exactly what I paid for and expected. Used the app for my own reservations, asked the concierge for seats and was sometimes told not possible or offered alternative options.

In the Penthouse, I felt as if I had a genie who made anything possible. Last minute seats at any venue, special treats or food delivered to the room. I’d ask who I should contact with shore ex changes or billing questions and my awesome butler magically took care of them instantly. No request was difficult or impossible. Everyone on the ship seemed to know my name! Maitres’d would see me approach and whisk me to prime tables ahead of anyone waiting.

COMPLETELY different levels of service, the PS experience was truly magical and has probably ruined me forever! 😂  

I totally agree.  You summed up the differences very well.  I felt like I was Queen of the ship!  (and yes, all staff appear to know who the PS guests are.  It helps that they have our photo from pre-check in 🙂. )

1 minute ago, SusieAV8R said:

I totally agree.  You summed up the differences very well.  I felt like I was Queen of the ship!  (and yes, all staff appear to know who the PS guests are.  It helps that they have our photo from pre-check in 🙂. )

But 

1 minute ago, SusieAV8R said:

Again, the price difference between CS and PS can be substantial.  So maybe PS guests get what they paid for?

On 9/10/2022 at 10:59 PM, Caroldoll said:

Does X hold back some top suites for late distribution to move-up offers?

Doubtful.

Move-up just seems like a way to salvage unsold inventory. Booking the bigger rooms outright is more profitable and predictable.  Book what you are happy sailing in.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, texkat said:

Doubtful.

Move-up just seems like a way to salvage unsold inventory. Booking the bigger rooms outright is more profitable and predictable.  Book what you are happy sailing in.  

I agree.  However, I let this get by me.  There was only a Sky available. I am willing to pay anything for an upgrade.  My husband is way too big for that suite.  Hope springs eternal.

On 9/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, SusieAV8R said:

But 

Again, the price difference between CS and PS can be substantial.  So maybe PS guests get what they paid for?

Specific to the M-class I think that's right.  PS in Alaska last month cost about a third more than RS....however the veranda is 8x larger and the cabin itself is 3x larger. So we felt we got our money's worth (even without all the incremental service perks).

• Like 3

On 7/20/2022 at 5:37 PM, wrk2cruise said:

No full mini bar is not included in any suite.   RS and above they will stock with beer (I think wine) soft drinks water.

In sky suites lately if you have a drink package most times the butler will offer to stock with your choice of soda and water although it's not a stated amenity.  Anything else will be charged.

With the premium drink package are t just about all alcohol drinks included? Are the little bottles in the mini frig not included? If in the celebrity suite will the butler bring beer/ wine that is included?

2 hours ago, ChefSha said:

With the premium drink package are t just about all alcohol drinks included? Are the little bottles in the mini frig not included? If in the celebrity suite will the butler bring beer/ wine that is included?

Up to $15 are included.  Over that you pay the difference.  The little bottles in mini fridge are not included and you will be charged if you consume them.  The butler is not supposed to bring you beer and wine but that depends on your butler.  Ask and you may receive.

12 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Up to $15 are included.  Over that you pay the difference.  The little bottles in mini fridge are not included and you will be charged if you consume them.  The butler is not supposed to bring you beer and wine but that depends on your butler.  Ask and you may receive.

The worse that can happen is No I cannot or you’ll be charged. Don’t ask then don’t get!