26 Glacier Cruise with Airport Transfer

Purple Gallinule

When the Majestic Princess docks in Whittier on the morning of Aug 6th it will be about 18 hours before our 11:44pm flight out of Anchorage. We have signed up for an excursion called 26 Glacier Cruise with Airport Transfer.

Have any of you taken this excursion? Did you enjoy it? Any tips you can offer would be appreciated.

We did this tour on our own on a turnaround day in Whittier.  Exactly the same one as Princess offered but at a cheaper price although you probably need to go with Princess to get the transfer to the airport included.  I thought it was an amazing tour.  We saw, as they advertised, 26 glaciers and lots of wildlife in the water.  The captain stopped the boat each time so folks could observe and photograph the wildlife.  I would highly recommend the tour.

50 minutes ago, TM said:

We did this tour on our own on a turnaround day in Whittier.  Exactly the same one as Princess offered but at a cheaper price although you probably need to go with Princess to get the transfer to the airport included.  I thought it was an amazing tour.  We saw, as they advertised, 26 glaciers and lots of wildlife in the water.  The captain stopped the boat each time so folks could observe and photograph the wildlife.  I would highly recommend the tour.

Thank you!

I also booked the 26 glacier excursion on my turnaround day in Whittier on back-to-back cruises. It was terrific. I was able to use the best price guarantee to get it 10% cheaper, but that was just the tour and not an airport transfer, too. Plus I think Princess may have done away with that offer.

In addition to the glaciers, my favorite part was seeing the otters. We also saw brown bears, several species of whales, and lots of birds, especially as we passed a nesting area near the end of the tour.

DSCN4476 (2).JPG

9 hours ago, geoherb said:

I also booked the 26 glacier excursion on my turnaround day in Whittier on back-to-back cruises. It was terrific. I was able to use the best price guarantee to get it 10% cheaper, but that was just the tour and not an airport transfer, too. Plus I think Princess may have done away with that offer.

In addition to the glaciers, my favorite part was seeing the otters. We also saw brown bears, several species of whales, and lots of birds, especially as we passed a nesting area near the end of the tour.

DSCN4476 (2).JPG

Thank you. We are birders and thought we might get some good views, so your post, along with others, makes us glad we booked this excursion.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fishin' musician said:

I'd almost say it's a don't miss!  I've also done the one in Seward.  One serves prime rib and silver salmon for lunch and the other serves frozen battered cod;  not certain which is which, but not of huge consequence. 

The one I went on served salmon chowder, slaw, roll, cheese, fruit candy, and a York peppermint patty. Later on, they served warm chocolate chip cookies. They had a bar on board for those wanting alcoholic beverages. They fished out a piece of glacial ice to serve in margaritas. 

14 hours ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Thank you. We are birders and thought we might get some good views, so your post, along with others, makes us glad we booked this excursion.

I looked at my notes. The big colony of birds we saw were black-legged kittiwakes.