Fosters is now my favorite beer!!! (On RCL anyway)

42 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I always try to have a local beer in each port. What was the name of the St Kitts beer if you can recall? (I couldn't)

Carib is the name of the beer. We actually took a tour through the brewery on another time we stopped in St. Kitts. Free samples are always good!

I also must have the local beer at each port. I try to carefully pull off the label from a bottle for a souvenir. Or if that doesn’t work, ask if I can have a coaster if that brand is on the coasters the bar is using. Have never been told no. 

I once tried a beer in Belize, it was highly recommended by the pilot of the tender we had to take to the port.  It was also recommended by a few other locals.  So, at the first bar I came to, I ordered it.  I almost threw-up right then and there.  Man it was bad and it wasn't even Cold, maybe cool at best.  I just can't remember the name of it.  Which only goes to show, at least for me, different cultures/different tastes.  I'm terribly glad I've got my culture!

15 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

I once tried a beer in Belize, it was highly recommended by the pilot of the tender we had to take to the port.  It was also recommended by a few other locals.  So, at the first bar I came to, I ordered it.  I almost threw-up right then and there.  Man it was bad and it wasn't even Cold, maybe cool at best.  I just can't remember the name of it.  Which only goes to show, at least for me, different cultures/different tastes.  I'm terribly glad I've got my culture!

Belikin. 

13 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Actually where Laura and I met.

But she 'picked me up' at Fieldhouse.

MIZ....

I have a few really good friends who went to Mizzou in the early-to-mid 80's.  

I still have these from a 1988 (I think) trip from KC to a football game in Columbia.

IMG_3474.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I have a few really good friends who went to Mizzou in the early-to-mid 80's.  

I still have these from a 1988 (I think) trip from KC to a football game in Columbia.

IMG_3474.jpg

Class of 84

I may have 1 somewhere

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mizzoucruiser said:

Carib is the name of the beer. We actually took a tour through the brewery on another time we stopped in St. Kitts. Free samples are always good!

I also must have the local beer at each port. I try to carefully pull off the label from a bottle for a souvenir. Or if that doesn’t work, ask if I can have a coaster if that brand is on the coasters the bar is using. Have never been told no. 

Yes, I've had Carib. 

I liked it!

15 hours ago, WALKER1313 said:

Quantity has become the measure of good beer?  When I was under 25 maybe. 

Not the only measure, but a factor.... 🙂 🙂 

Besides, premium beer is in the eyes of the beholder. I'm old enough to remember when Michelob and Miller High Life were considered premium beers and cost more than others. Now they are cheap bargain basement beers. (Especially Miller)

"I like beer. It makes me a jolly good fellow" (Tom T. Hall)

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Class of 84

I may have 1 somewhere

Very cool....if you were in the business school/program at all, you may have known one or two.  I think they'd have been a little bit (year or two) behind you.

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

Very cool....if you were in the business school/program at all, you may have known one or two.  I think they'd have been a little bit (year or two) behind you.

Way off topic now, but Laura got her MBA in 85

She spent two years as math instructor. 

Taught Math 60, sophmore calculus. It was a requirement to enter the business school. Her role was to weed out the applicants.😉

She was also the only native American instructor to teach that class