Enchanted Princess Today

mvaldes140

Hi,

Not really sure if anyone needed to know, but I've seen other people post when this happened. We're currently on the Enchanted Princess, supposed to be docking in Haugesund, but about 15 minutes ago, the bridge came on over the intercom to let us know that due to high winds, we aren't docking and are just doing some form of scenic cruising with the fjords so we can get to Flåm tomorrow. (He said that Flåm is the more scenic and important port so he decided it would be more important to get there than to go to Haugesund). They said they'd be able to dock right now, but not sure if they would be able to leave the port because it is unprotected, or something like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were awoken by the 1st message in the cabin. We had no plan accept to get off and go for a walk about. Plus being a Sunday somethings wouldn't be open. Don't mind sailing the fjords as they are pretty. Hope everyone who had private tours are able to get them refunded......

9 hours ago, mvaldes140 said:

Hi,

Not really sure if anyone needed to know, but I've seen other people post when this happened. We're currently on the Enchanted Princess, supposed to be docking in Haugesund, but about 15 minutes ago, the bridge came on over the intercom to let us know that due to high winds, we aren't docking and are just doing some form of scenic cruising with the fjords so we can get to Flåm tomorrow. (He said that Flåm is the more scenic and important port so he decided it would be more important to get there than to go to Haugesund). They said they'd be able to dock right now, but not sure if they would be able to leave the port because it is unprotected, or something like that.

Commodore Nash emphasized that safety is Princess Cruises highest priority. For myself, I enjoyed the day of scenic cruising.  Capturing the Loveboat theme playing in the background and viewing the waterfall was preferable to walking around a quiet town on a Sunday.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, billco said:

Commodore Nash emphasized that safety is Princess Cruises highest priority. For myself, I enjoyed the day of scenic cruising.  Capturing the Loveboat theme playing in the background and viewing the waterfall was preferable to walking around a quiet town on a Sunday.

I have to totally agree with billco. It's been a lovely alternative day to being on shore. This is our third Norwegian cruise and not been to Haugesand before. But we love sailing the fjords so we don't mind missing the port. 

Everybody has also had their Port charges refunded on their accounts too and if you have Cruise Insurance you will also be able to claim for a missed port.  It was a win, win for us as we probably wouldn’t have got off anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Suite Susie said:

Everybody has also had their Port charges refunded on their accounts too and if you have Cruise Insurance you will also be able to claim for a missed port.  It was a win, win for us as we probably wouldn’t have got off anyway. 

We got the insurance through Princess, and I didn't see anything for a missed port, do you know if their platinum vacation protection covers that?

3 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

Do you mean claim for any expenses that you cannot get a refund for?  Because I can't imagine insurance would pay out simply because you miss a port.  Its in every cruise contract that there is a likelihood that could happen, at the Captain's discretion.

5 minutes ago, High C's said:

Do you mean claim for any expenses that you cannot get a refund for?  Because I can't imagine insurance would pay out simply because you miss a port.  Its in every cruise contract that there is a likelihood that could happen, at the Captain's discretion.

That really depends on your insurance. I have never filed for it, because PCL has always credited us.  I’ve had other cruise lines that did not reimburse, RCL for one.

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

That really depends on your insurance. I have never filed for it, because PCL has always credited us.  I’ve had other cruise lines that did not reimburse, RCL for one.

Yes, I agree for reimbursement for costs you do NOT get reimbursed for.  But I was just clarifying that, as far as I know, you do not automatically get some kind of reimbursement simply for missing a port.

21 minutes ago, High C's said:

Yes, I agree for reimbursement for costs you do NOT get reimbursed for.  But I was just clarifying that, as far as I know, you do not automatically get some kind of reimbursement simply for missing a port.

The pax is from the UK and claiming for a missed port is available on some cruise insurance policies over here. I know we can add it to our standard cruise policy for an additional charge.

Edited by villauk
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villauk said:

The pax is from the UK and claiming for a missed port is available on some cruise insurance policies over here. I know we can add it to our standard cruise policy for an additional charge.

Oh ok!  I did not realize that.  Many thanks for the clarification. 🙂