Adventure of the seas?

So I'm looking at a cruise that I really want to go on. Unfortunately all the balconies are sold out. I decided maybe I'd book an outside cabin, but when I checked all that was available are cabins on deck 2.  When I told my husband he thought that deck was way too low.  Wondering if someone who's been on deck 2 can tell me what they thought of it.  Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, mimi217 said:

So I'm looking at a cruise that I really want to go on. Unfortunately all the balconies are sold out. I decided maybe I'd book an outside cabin, but when I checked all that was available are cabins on deck 2.  When I told my husband he thought that deck was way too low.  Wondering if someone who's been on deck 2 can tell me what they thought of it.  Thanks in advance

Personally, Deck 2 would probably be my last choice too. I have done it on other ships but not Adventure. It just seems a long way to get anywhere but if it is all that was available and I really wanted the itinerary I wouldn’t let it stop me.

That said, how far out is the cruise? It is possible cabins will become available. We recently did a Royal Up from Inside to balcony on Adventure. Alternatively, maybe consider a promenade cabin which is higher and central? 

• Like 1

I looked at  the link below on the RCCL Adventure site. Only interior and oceanview cabins on this level.

Would you be comfortable with 2 in a room with either no window or just a small porthole to look through? Look at the size of the rooms too, which could help make a decision.

I have sailed Adventure and not impressed with recent reviews. Maybe check out of few of those so you know what others have said in their reviews.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&deck=2

22 minutes ago, Loucat said:

I looked at  the link below on the RCCL Adventure site. Only interior and oceanview cabins on this level.

Would you be comfortable with 2 in a room with either no window or just a small porthole to look through? Look at the size of the rooms too, which could help make a decision.

I have sailed Adventure and not impressed with recent reviews. Maybe check out of few of those so you know what others have said in their reviews.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Adventure-of-the-Seas&deck=2

Deck 2 OV cabins on Voyager class ships have large round windows not portholes.

I've stayed in OV on deck 2 on Adventure. I liked it just fine. It is quiet as no one not staying on the deck has reason to be there. There is no problem getting an elevator as they are empty when they get down there. And at ports of call Adventure uses deck one for gangways so all you have to do is walk down one flight of stairs to get off and coming back you can bypass the crowd waiting for elevators and just walk up one flight of stairs and you are home.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Loucat said:

Most of the bad reviews have been repeats from the same cruisers.

Yes, things are not as they should be but that goes for a lot of the ships at the moment and different cruise lines. I have done 35+ nights on the Adventure this year and haven’t experienced half the problems that those on the recent 5/9day sailings have had since she moved to Bayonne. I do know a lot of crew were expecting to go on leave following the repositioning and ended up having to stay on.

l think a lot depends on your attitude and expectations going in.

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Most of the bad reviews have been repeats from the same cruisers.

Yes, things are not as they should be but that goes for a lot of the ships at the moment and different cruise lines. I have done 35+ nights on the Adventure this year and haven’t experienced half the problems that those on the recent 5/9day sailings have had since she moved to Bayonne. I do know a lot of crew were expecting to go on leave following the repositioning and ended up having to stay on.

l think a lot depends on your attitude and expectations going in.

Agree. I've done several cruises on Adventure out of San Juan and Ft. Lauderdale. I've never had a bad one.