Scenic Operations when Rivers too low or high

3Shelaghs

Without rehashing Scenics legal case from dissatisfied pax when river cruise was diverted to buses.... can someone briefly describe what their go forward plans look like when this occurs? I though I read somewhere alcohol is not offered at the hotels?? If hotel room is not what you wanted, can you upgrade directly with the hotel at time of checking in?

Where do they take meals? Who manages luggage on and off buses? Is there a rep present at all times at hotel?

Ask your TA for a copy of Scenic’s terms and conditions as I’m pretty sure they differ slightly from country to country. I also suspect that the alcohol question is self explanatory, as in ‘no open bar’ think of the ramifications, so why not get certified receipts and claim back. 

Are scenic still doing the coach and hotel option or are they positioning ships either side of Passau and moving you from one to the other. Also if the former is the case and you don’t want a coach holiday when you booked a cruise is there the option for cancellation and reimbursement?

In their T & C's they have to right to most options that have been discussed here before

I would like to know with current low water what the play is at the moment.

Cancellation, most probably not.

Transfer to another boat on other side of low water

Best option

Coach and hotels for rest of trip

one they have used before but not what anyone would want or paid for!

Would be great to here from someone on the Danube at present with Scenic 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda curious about what Scenic is doing this year as well. It looks to me like the Romantic Rhine & Moselle cruise on the Crystal (due to go from Amsterdam to Basel) ended at Koblenz a couple of days ago (actually docking at Andernach). The Crystal then headed north again, with a stop at Cologne. I'm guessing that's perhaps the result of a ship swap (perhaps with the Jasper). But there doesn't appear to be a ship on the other side of the Rhine Gorge heading up the Rhine, so I have no idea what happened to the Crystal passengers. Hotel and bus tour? Cruise cut short? Something else? Does anybody have any idea? Similary, any info about the actuality of how they're applying their "River Cruise Cover" to compensate guests would be most appreciated.