HAL Shore excursions just told me my August 10th cruise tour was cancelled *****!!!

Gistfamily

There is still room on the Zuiderdam if you can get to Vancouver by the 17th, or you could board the Noordam out of Whittier on the 14th.  Spend a few days in Anchorage/Seward, and then meet up with that ship, and sail the Southbound route.  Then you can spend a few days in Vancouver before your flight home.  

I saw my TA yesterday and she didn’t know when the credit would be issued! I did talk to HAL and they said it had been issued already! I saw a future cruise credit on my profile today. Just for the cruise portion of my Cruise tour. I guess that is better than just a refund. I’ll keep you posted as to when the refund shows up. Chris 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gistfamily said:

Just found the refund on my cc statement. Now all I need is to get my travel vouchers from AAA back! Chris 

Thank you for the update! We are still waiting for our trip insurance to process. HAL still has not reimbursed many of our shore excursions, but we need to file with them after our claims with trip insurance are approved or denied. I am so glad they gave you your money back promptly! I believe there are too many claims and not enough personnel to process all of them. 

On 8/2/2022 at 6:45 AM, Gistfamily said:

I saw my TA yesterday and she didn’t know when the credit would be issued! I did talk to HAL and they said it had been issued already! I saw a future cruise credit on my profile today. Just for the cruise portion of my Cruise tour. I guess that is better than just a refund. I’ll keep you posted as to when the refund shows up. Chris 

So the cruise portion of your cruise tour was refunded in FCC.  what is the refund on your cc for?  Just curious.   I did not know that FCC is refunded to cc.  A refund to cc is much better than a FCC.    Cherie

I received a full refund for the cruise less the travel vouchers from AAA. I also received a FCC for the value of the cruise. I also received a refund for the excursions I had on the land and cruise portions of my trip.

We can't get enough help up here.  It does not surprise me the tour canceled.  This year I would not have booked any cruise + tour package in Alaska.  Who knows what will happen next year.  Maybe the same.  

40 minutes ago, AKJonesy said:

We can't get enough help up here.  It does not surprise me the tour canceled.  This year I would not have booked any cruise + tour package in Alaska.  Who knows what will happen next year.  Maybe the same.  

Yes, that is a chance I will take.  We are on day 57 of a drought and day 46 above 100. I will take a week holiday at the Ted Stevens Airpot if that is what it comes to😁

• Haha 2