ROOM SERVICE QUESTION FOR RECENT CRUISERS

2 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Thanks - I looked under this same section yesterday, since I've ordered them before, and found it nowwhere.  Oh well!

Be advised, there are two sections to look in and it can be confusing.  They changed this a while back and it got goofy.

If you are in your booking itself and you click on gifts and stateroom decor, the cakes will not show up there, this is what looks like when you are in your booking (where it won't work).

image.thumb.png.9061010a031fc7ed30291f8afd82b8af.png

You need to be signed in on the Carnival website and be on the main home page and select the Fun Shops - Celebrate Onboard.  This is where you will find the cakes you can order.  Screen will look like this:

image.thumb.png.00484a9ebe3d58339167dc66f9fae5c8.png

Edited by wemjam
  • Thanks 2

On 8/10/2022 at 10:35 AM, siestakeys04 said:

We got off of the Sunshine on 7/28, there were no door hanging for breakfast. The only item we ordered from the app was pizza. $6 We were told to call and they wrote they info down in order to deliver to your cabin for breakfast.

16 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Thanks - I looked under this same section yesterday, since I've ordered them before, and found it nowwhere.  Oh well!

My senior parents are so used to putting the doorhanger out for breakfast. Now does it require  you waking up early to order breakfast and wait? Can it be arranged by delivery time? 

4 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

My senior parents are so used to putting the doorhanger out for breakfast. Now does it require  you waking up early to order breakfast and wait? Can it be arranged by delivery time? 

They can call the evening before and request their items and time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Glad I found this thread.  It has been years since traveling on Carnival.

Will be in Oct, and it surprises their are charges on room service items.

The cruise line we travel on usually 3X a year only extra charge if ordering pizzas. $3 for specialty pizza.

Also if ordering non package beverage item.   Glad to be aware and will appreciate policy of other cruise line in July.

1 hour ago, azgrandmax3 said:

Glad I found this thread.  It has been years since traveling on Carnival.

Will be in Oct, and it surprises their are charges on room service items.

The cruise line we travel on usually 3X a year only extra charge if ordering pizzas. $3 for specialty pizza.

Also if ordering non package beverage item.   Glad to be aware and will appreciate policy of other cruise line in July.

Since cruising has re-started there are many new charges for things that had always been free before 

Do you HAVE to have a smartphone to cruise anymore?

Sounds like you need it to see menus in your room, bars or the dining room and to order most things on board.

I was planning on leaving mine at home instead of in my safe, since I will be catching a ride to local  port next month.

I hate lugging my cell phone around at home and refuse to do it on vacation. (honestly if flip phones were much cheaper than an i-phone, I would have went backwards years ago.)

Please tell me there are other options like at least a full room service menu via the TV, etc. 

Edited by bguppies

On 8/21/2022 at 5:25 AM, bguppies said:

Do you HAVE to have a smartphone to cruise anymore?

Sounds like you need it to see menus in your room, bars or the dining room and to order most things on board.

I was planning on leaving mine at home instead of in my safe, since I will be catching a ride to local  port next month.

I hate lugging my cell phone around at home and refuse to do it on vacation. (honestly if flip phones were much cheaper than an i-phone, I would have went backwards years ago.)

Please tell me there are other options like at least a full room service menu via the TV, etc. 

You can get a paper Fun Times at GS and the coffee bar.  

You can request actual menus in the MDR.

On my last few cruises, the old bar menus made a reappearance (the ones that stand up on the tables).  If you don't see them, just ask.

You can ask your room steward or call Room Service to get a paper room service menu.

So, yes, you can cruise without a smart phone.  It's just not as convenient.

Edited by Schoifmom
  • Like 3