Yacht Club Dining + Diamond Perk Question

J0Y0US

I was wondering for the Yacht Club meals is it all you care to enjoy. I don't eat like I used to but I do at times order a couple of apps or possibly a 2nd entre so we can try it.

From my understanding there is no limit but just checking.

My status was matched to Diamond as well and from what I understand we might get 1 meal in a specialty restaurant is that accurate? We haven't booked yet but the more I read the more I am leaning towards taking the dive.

We really loved the Haven on NCL but they don't have anything in the Caribbean in September that works for us. Its coming down between this and a couple other options for a September trip.

30 minutes ago, J0Y0US said:

I was wondering for the Yacht Club meals is it all you care to enjoy. I don't eat like I used to but I do at times order a couple of apps or possibly a 2nd entre so we can try it.

From my understanding there is no limit but just checking.

My status was matched to Diamond as well and from what I understand we might get 1 meal in a specialty restaurant is that accurate? We haven't booked yet but the more I read the more I am leaning towards taking the dive.

We really loved the Haven on NCL but they don't have anything in the Caribbean in September that works for us. Its coming down between this and a couple other options for a September trip.

You can see quite a few posts here from Haven devotees who are at least satisfied or more than satisfied with MSC YC in comparison to Haven, especially when factoring in pricing.  For your specific questions: 1) You can order whatever you want in whatever quantity or combination you desire.  Are dietary pattern has changed as well.  There are more than a few times when we have shared three or four appetizers and skipped entrees or just each had one entree and asked to split a small order of an entree.  The staff will accommodate any request if they can.  2)  You will get a specialty dining meal for two.  It is essentially a starter, entree, and dessert, and does not include the whole menu that the specialty dining room has.  Most Diamond members have leaned toward Butcher's Cut, but you will not be limited to that, depending on the ship.  On a personal note as former Princess Cruisers, we switched four years ago to MSC, and have not looked back or regretted our move to MSC.  Happy Sailing!  Jonhn

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have sailed  NCL  both in and out of Haven. 
Out last NCL Haven cruise was May. We felt NCL has greatly diminished the quality of food and service onboard.

One lunch, we could not eat what was served, it was so bad. 
NCL is not what it once was. Too bad. But, for what the current cruise fares are, not for us .

MSC, YC, was November. It was great. Food was always good and interesting. We are Diamond and enjoyed our meal in Butchers Cut.

Butlers were far superior to NCL butler.Room steward also better on MSC.

NCL Concierge had no idea who we were and last day asked if we were Haven Guests. ( we were in 2 bedroom suite in Haven Proper)

we did not eat breakfast in restaurant. That is when he went around to talk with guests.  

Everyone has their own unique experience and preference when traveling.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by phissy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am really surprised when people state MSC YC food is great/good.  I am not a really foodie but the two YC cruises we experienced the food was poor and definitely not up to Celebrity standards, although I would agree that the Butchers Cut restaurant was exceptional.

19 hours ago, phissy said:

We have sailed  NCL  both in and out of Haven. 
Out last NCL Haven cruise was May. We felt NCL has greatly diminished the quality of food and service onboard.

One lunch, we could not eat what was served, it was so bad. 
NCL is not what it once was. Too bad. But, for what the current cruise fares are, not for us .

MSC, YC, was November. It was great. Food was always good and interesting. We are Diamond and enjoyed our meal in Butchers Cut.

Butlers were far superior to NCL butler.Room steward also better on MSC.

NCL Concierge had no idea who we were and last day asked if we were Haven Guests. ( we were in 2 bedroom suite in Haven Proper)

we did not eat breakfast in restaurant. That is when he went around to talk with guests.  

Everyone has their own unique experience and preference when traveling.

Enjoy your cruise.

We've thought the NCL Haven experience has been fairly lackluster for a long time.

I think this is squarely on land side management.  Haven been around for a long time and staff just burnt out.  YC staff generally eager to go above and beyond.

NCL, common to see concierge not even check in once on how things going.  To be fair, YC concierge never checked in but they have other staff including the YC Director who does check in with folks which is huge.

• Like 2