if just 1 of 2 cabin-sharing guests takes Regent air . . .?

Borna

As I am using frequent flyer miles for the air to get to and from our Regent cruise, but my cabin-mate is using Regent air, will Regent allow me to transfer with my cabin mate to/from airport/hotel/ship?  Thanks for any information.

1 hour ago, wishIweretravelling said:

Is it a private transfer or a bus transfer? If the latter, no, you'd have to pay for the transfer. I'm not sure about the former, particularly if it's a function of the cabinmate's SSS status, since you get that same status by being in the same cabin.

I don't think they get the same status as it depends on nights sailed.  A newbie traveling in the same suite as a Platinum would not be entitled to the same SSS perks such as complimentary Custom Air, for example. But as they will share a PH they are both entitled to the perks that are part of that suite level.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kwaj girl said:

I don't think they get the same status as it depends on nights sailed.  A newbie traveling in the same suite as a Platinum would not be entitled to the same SSS perks such as complimentary Custom Air, for example. But as they will share a PH they are both entitled to the perks that are part of that suite level.

I travel with someone who is "ahead" of me in SSS status, so have some experience with this. When we board, my keycard shows the same status as hers. I don't get the same discounts she does on things like Regent Choice excursions, but I did get the complimentary custom air when she hit that status and I hadn't yet. She is currently one night short of Titanium, so we will have that status once on the ship, but won't get the private transfer yet. But once that does kick in, we both should get the ride since we are traveling together.

Regent advised that only my cabin mate who buys Regent air gets airport transfer, and not me since I'm not buying Regent air.  Wonder what would happen if I try to get in the Regent provided car with my cabin mate?  LOL

37 minutes ago, Borna said:

Regent advised that only my cabin mate who buys Regent air gets airport transfer, and not me since I'm not buying Regent air.  Wonder what would happen if I try to get in the Regent provided car with my cabin mate?  LOL

If you are a first time cruiser you will be in a bus and they probably won't let you on unless your name is on the list.

As I recall, at least pre-Covid, the regent reps responsible for managing transportation from hotel or airport to the port were very particular about who was allowed on the bus. They counted and double counted several times. Bottom line was if you weren’t supposed to be provided transportation, you did not get it.

We booked our own flights and tried to get on the bus from the airport to the hotel and no go.  We didn’t expect to get the transfer, but hey, the bus was there and there was plenty of room, so why not ask.   Turned out the private taxi got there way before the bus, no checkin line and we had our luggage in the room long before the bus arrived.   Worked out much better.  

• Like 2