Any recent users of car service for LHR to London hotel?

MSPCUBS

I need to book a car service from LHR to our London hotel for next week.  I have read many posts and have contacted some of the recommended car services:

Blackberry, Parker, Just Airports, Meadway.

BUT, my concern is that I am also reading recent reports that were not very favorable about these companies - cars not showing up, being canceled at the last minute, rude drivers demanding payment in cash, etc.  I know there is a shortage of drivers in the UK, just like here in the US.  I am just worried that this may happen to me.

SO, has anyone recently used a car service company that was very reliable and you would recommend?  I know that it would not be a 100% guarantee that it would work out, but I would feel better if I could hear about multiple good experiences.

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, MSPCUBS said:

SO, has anyone recently used a car service company that was very reliable and you would recommend?

Yes, and it's one of the (other) usual suspects that has never let me down.* And you can easily find negative reviews/reports about that one along the same lines as those you've read.

And that is why I don't repeatedly push its name here.

If you really are that concerned, then another option is just to go to the official taxi rank when you get to Heathrow and jump in a black cab. If you want a cheaper option, there is inevitably going to be an element of Forrest's box of chocolates.

* One possible exception, depending on your definition, is the time when my usual company was fully booked. So it gave me the number of one of the companies in your list, who could take my booking. And that company did the job just as well as the one I usually use.

I was about to post the same question. I have quotes from Blackberry and Pinkberry. They are the same price. My concern is also reliability as I have read posts similar to what the OP mentioned. Blackberry gets good reviews. I can’t find much on Pinkberry. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2022 at 10:31 AM, irisbax3 said:

We recently (July 19) used Blackberry and had no problem. I prepaid through PayPal. The driver was not rude and was at the airport as promised.

Would you mind answering a question for me?  We have Blackberry booked for our cruise the end of the month.  First time.  Today it dawned on me I have no idea how the pickup process works.  The ship is supposed to arrive at 0600 but who knows when we'll be able to leave the ship.  How have they arranged it when you used them?

We recently used Justin Chauffers for a transfer from LHR to our hotel in London and were exceptionally pleased with the service. Our driver was promptly waiting for us as we exited holding a sign with our name as well as texting us as we were clearing customs. The Mercedes sedan was very comfortable and the price was reasonable such a high end level of service. 

• Like 1

In June we used Blackberry. No problems.....just not as professional as Smiths was.

The driver was in jeans and a t-shirt and there was no conversation. A clean basic vehicle, Basically an Uber.

I missed the conversation but no complaints.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:32 PM, bjkTX said:

Would you mind answering a question for me?  We have Blackberry booked for our cruise the end of the month.  First time.  Today it dawned on me I have no idea how the pickup process works.  The ship is supposed to arrive at 0600 but who knows when we'll be able to leave the ship.  How have they arranged it when you used them?

Blackberry would have emailed you instructions.  Check your junk mail or send them an email 

On 9/17/2022 at 8:57 PM, nadeki said:

In June we used Blackberry. No problems.....just not as professional as Smiths was.

The driver was in jeans and a t-shirt and there was no conversation. A clean basic vehicle, Basically an Uber.

I missed the conversation but no complaints.

Lol, ours was dressed nicely but his alarm didn’t go off so he looked a bit disheveled.  We never stopped talking, but in the UK you the passenger need to initiate the conversation 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bunnyette said:

Blackberry would have emailed you instructions.  Check your junk mail or send them an email 

Yeah - that would be nice - but they didn't.  I received the confirmation emails and on the pick up from Heathrow they provided great instructions.  On the return trip - nothing but the confirmation.  I emailed them asking what the procedure was for picking us up after the cruise and they responded I should contact the cruise line to determine disembarking details...  I sent a follow up but haven't received a reply so far - it was just Friday.