Advice on cancel and rebook

dritan

Hi

Wonder if you could give me a bit of advice.  I've booked a 12 night Apex cruise for October but notice that it now has a $800 onboard credit - although it says it relates to cruises booked and deposited in the UK from 8th June - this wasn't on offer at the time.  

I think I'm right in thinking if I cancel my current booking, I will kiss goodbye to the £300 deposit but would gain an 800 dollar onboard credit if I rebook before tomorrow ( offer ends tomorrow)?

4 minutes ago, dritan said:

Hi

Wonder if you could give me a bit of advice.  I've booked a 12 night Apex cruise for October but notice that it now has a $800 onboard credit - although it says it relates to cruises booked and deposited in the UK from 8th June - this wasn't on offer at the time.  

I think I'm right in thinking if I cancel my current booking, I will kiss goodbye to the £300 deposit but would gain an 800 dollar onboard credit if I rebook before tomorrow ( offer ends tomorrow)?

When you rebook, you will get the prevailing cruise fare rate which may be different than what you have now.  You need to take that into account, too, to see if it is worth doing.

The extra OBC ($800) would be spent on things you were planning on getting anyway?  If the answer is no, you have to question whether it is worth spending the £300.

Thanks for your rational thinking as that's help me with my plans. 😉  I think I'll give them a call and see if they will be happy to rearrange, otherwise I will be happy to accept the £300 loss for the 800 dollar OBC.  I took the cruise only option so would have been spending money on drinks for myself and a few shore excursions ( I'm sailing with my pre teen daughter so it wasn't worth it to do the all inclusive for her).

13 minutes ago, dritan said:

Thanks for your rational thinking as that's help me with my plans. 😉  I think I'll give them a call and see if they will be happy to rearrange, otherwise I will be happy to accept the £300 loss for the 800 dollar OBC.  I took the cruise only option so would have been spending money on drinks for myself and a few shore excursions ( I'm sailing with my pre teen daughter so it wasn't worth it to do the all inclusive for her).

Sounds very rational.  Good luck with getting the change made.

Just to say that I managed to get through to Celebrity UK and they cancelled my original booking and I was able to go straight in and rebook and get the $800 OBC.  It's now showing on my Celebrity account with a £657.76 OBC - so thinking that the terrible UK exchange rate is working in our favour for once 😉

Just to confirm that I have lost the £300 deposit but happy to take that hit. Worth other UK cruisers checking that out if you are pre final payment as the offer apparently ends tonight. 

• Like 2

I was going to suggest that you ask why your original booking didn't include the OBC as it appears it was on offer when you booked your sailing after June 8.

But it sounds like your happy with the outcome.   That' all that matters.

8 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I was going to suggest that you ask why your original booking didn't include the OBC as it appears it was on offer when you booked your sailing after June 8.

But it sounds like your happy with the outcome.   That' all that matters.

I took a closer look at the T&Cs and the onboard credit part of the offer only started, if memory serves me right, around 21st July - the saving on fare started in early June. So fair enough.  

• Like 1