Onboard credit purchase

Hi

Can you still buy onboard credits? I am not seeing where to purchase. Are they refundable if you do not use them all?  I figure if we average 3-4 drinks per day, onboard credits are the way to go and not the beverage package. Thanks for the replies. 

29 minutes ago, b_cruise said:

Hi

Can you still buy onboard credits? I am not seeing where to purchase. Are they refundable if you do not use them all?  I figure if we average 3-4 drinks per day, onboard credits are the way to go and not the beverage package. Thanks for the replies. 

Yes, call gifts and gear at 800.722.5443

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Those are gift certificates and not OBC.  Too many potential issues with the gift certificates, easier to purchase the OBC directly

But it is a viable online option that we use frequently (5-6 times a year) to purchase OBC with no need to spend 45 minutes on hold waiting for someone on RCL's end of the line to pick up. I can purchase a gift certificate and redeem it without ever having to make a phone call. Did $250 in OBC for both our 7/9 and 7/17 Mariner cruises with no hassle whatsoever.

1 hour ago, b_cruise said:

Hi

Is there a reason why you are purchasing OBC rather than just paying your onboard account at the end of the cruise?  

11 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Is there a reason why you are purchasing OBC rather than just paying your onboard account at the end of the cruise?  

Some people prefer to have as much paid for their vacation as possible.