Athens 9:30 AM flight will we make it

lightsleeper

Disembarking in Athens ..

According to Princess arrive Athens at 4 AM May 20

I know we will not be able to get off the ship at that time but

based on above, have flight time at 9:30AM If we are off the ship by 6:30 ish we should be ok

any thoughts

Its possible, but arrange for a private transfer.  You don't want to depend on getting a taxi that early.  The price is practically the same.  Check www.taxigreece.com

And double check with your cruise line about disembarkation times.

The taxis will be there early.  They know when the ships come in, and they want to make money.  There won't be as many that early, but if you are one of the first ones off, you'll be OK.

Also, are you checking luggage?  If you are, it may be pretty tight.  The problem is that this is Greece -- things go wrong.  There may be a delay on the highway, or a strike, or the taxi running out of gas, of power lines are down, of whatever.  You can't play it cool as you could back home, sliding into the gate area 30 seconds before the gate closes.   

Where are you flying to? A non-stop to a US airport has additional security screening, which takes time. 

The drive to the airport can be around 45 or so minutes. It will be a stressful morning for you, particularly if flying to the US non-stop.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends.... I am in a similar situation, coming off the Regal Princess in October for a domestic flight at 9:45 am, but only because there are no other flights that day and it is a Saturday so traffic that early will be less than normal.  I have also booked us a private transfer and we will be doing self assist disembarking.  Given the current luggage situation I am also considering using only carry-ons, but I am waiting that decision out to see if things improve.

If this is a US flight you are trying to make, that will be a lot tougher if not impossible, especially on a weekday.  

If you do not make it do you have a good plan B that has a chance of making it and will not coist you a lot of money.  If you don't have a plan B and maybe even a plan C, I would not chance it.  

Also I assume that when you say that you are disembarking on 20 May, I assume that you mean that is 20 May 2023.  If that is true you can assume that the flight times will be changed several times between now and 20 May 2023.  What happens if they move up the flight time?

DON