ArriveCan?

Oxo

complawyer:   are you saying that you did not have to show proof of the ARRIVE CAN online submission before boarding in Seattle?  But given paperwork to fill out once onboard?  This is contrary to everything I had read and researched, but it sure would be great, in case we have trouble downloading required information (vaccination cards)  rtc.

no, we downloaded the arrive can prior to leaving home. once on board our cabin steward gave us some paperwork to get into canada, but after my wife filled it out, never heard another  thing. sorry if i gave you the wrong  information. by the way, it was no problem at all downloading the info, and im technologically challenged

7 hours ago, complawyer said:

no, we downloaded the arrive can prior to leaving home. once on board our cabin steward gave us some paperwork to get into canada, but after my wife filled it out, never heard another  thing. sorry if i gave you the wrong  information. by the way, it was no problem at all downloading the info, and im technologically challenged

ArriveCan is different from the Immigration and Customs form that is also needed to enter Canada.  While ArriveCan must be complete with a receipt to show completion, the I&C form is a paper copy unless you are entering through Vancouver Airport and some other entryways that have the I&C available to complete on line. 

• 2 weeks later...

So not sure if we created a problem or not but looking for some advice. Flying into Vancouver a day early for a Seabourn cruise. Did the arrival by air and all went well. Was “told” in another tread that we then needed to do a second ArriveCAN submission to board the ship in Vancouver. However after completing and getting a QR code for or flight can’t seam to find a way to enter the system to get another QR code for the cruise.  Any solution? Wait till we are in Canada and do the second form?  Any ideas?

1 hour ago, klkaylor78 said:

So not sure if we created a problem or not but looking for some advice. Flying into Vancouver a day early for a Seabourn cruise. Did the arrival by air and all went well. Was “told” in another tread that we then needed to do a second ArriveCAN submission to board the ship in Vancouver. However after completing and getting a QR code for or flight can’t seam to find a way to enter the system to get another QR code for the cruise.  Any solution? Wait till we are in Canada and do the second form?  Any ideas?

We had the same situation - flew in a day early for a Celebrity cruise, Vancouver - Seward.

The ArriveCan was for entry into Canada. We did it as a airport entry and used the hotel as are destination.

We did not need a separate ArriveCan for the cruise ship the next day as we had already been cleared for entry into Canada the day before.

Our cruise ended in Seward so we did not need ArriveCan for the cruise.

If you are doing a round trip Vancouver and need the ArriveCan for the cruise reentry, clear the specific trip details after you arrive in Canada and have been passed through by Canadian officials (and US I&C if entering through the airport). Then you can enter your cruise information.

• Thanks 1