ArriveCan?

Oxo

On Breakaway going into Canada. Must register 72 hours before cruise. 

Downloaded and installed apk. Established account. Apk won't recognize account. Tried to reset password. Apk states link sent to email. Never get it after 12 hours.  Checked trash and spam.

Did uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

Still hosed.

Any experience or help? TIA

Edited by Oxo

34 minutes ago, Oxo said:

On Breakaway going into Canada. Must register 72 hours before cruise. 

Downloaded and installed apk. Established account. Apk won't recognize account. Tried to reset password. Apk states link sent to email. Never get it after 12 hours.  Checked trash and spam.

Did uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

Still hosed.

Any experience or help? TIA

If there is any kind of customer assistance on board, they may be able to help. It took me 2 1/2 hrs yesterday trying to load a picture of my sister's vaccination card with my phone on the app. I finally gave up and did it from my laptop with a picture I took of it from my camera. VERY frustrating. Since we are flying in, I was able to call the ArriveCan phone #, but was on hold for about 45 minutes. I figured out the alternative way while on hold.

15 minutes ago, debdel said:

If there is any kind of customer assistance on board, they may be able to help. It took me 2 1/2 hrs yesterday trying to load a picture of my sister's vaccination card with my phone on the app. I finally gave up and did it from my laptop with a picture I took of it from my camera. VERY frustrating. Since we are flying in, I was able to call the ArriveCan phone #, but was on hold for about 45 minutes. I figured out the alternative way while on hold.

Another way to frustrate us before a cruise. From what I can find they suggest using the web rather than the phone app. 

Thanks for your experience.

It's very easy and simple to do this from a PC (or Mac) ... bonus / extra advantage for us - having access to a flatbed scanner to trim & upload.  Once you completed the initial enrollment or sign-up - remember your userid (email address) and password(s) as you can "transfer" back-n-forth then on the mobile app, there was another recent update to the iOS and Android apps (since we just came back on a land trip to Canada in late June) ... make sure it's updated.  Other members of the same party traveling together can register & obtain approval with just one app.

(more "user-friendly" than Bermuda TA procedures ... having done those too, not to mention the extra 🙄🙄🙄 fees or costs) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Yikes!  Another process that can't be completed until just before our flight😒

If I am understanding this right, easier to start this whole process from home on our PC?

And, our final completion can be at home 72 hours prior to boarding?  

I would much rather have something printed out than trying to fumble around with the app at the pier.

• Like 2

SandandSeas, I am Canadian, so I have always just used ArriveCan on the way home. I snipped this from the Government of Canada website. I am not sure of your situation (flying into Canada, or just port stop), so I included a couple of scenarios. I do think it is handy to have the app on your phone, if possible. If not, you could start it at home on your PC I think.  Here's the relevant info for cruisers. I hope this is helpful:

Entering Canada by land or air before embarking on a cruise

You must complete your ArriveCAN submission before entering Canada, no more than 72 hours of boarding your flight or before entering Canada by land.

• If you’re flying in to join a cruise immediately, enter the address of your terminal.
  • If you’re not joining the cruise immediately, enter the address of your hotel.

You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission.

Upon your entry to Canada by air or at a land border crossing, the border services officer may notify you that you’ve been randomly selected for a mandatory arrival test.

Mandatory random testing is part of the Government of Canada surveillance program to track the importation of COVID-19 virus into Canada, and identify new variants of concern.

Boarding cruises and shore excursions

Some requirements for boarding a cruise, either at the beginning of the cruise or as part of a shore excursion, may be different depending on where you are boarding and which countries your ship will visit.

Mandatory requirements for all travellers, including Canadians, include pre-embarkation testing and can include ArriveCAN if your ship is coming to or returning to Canada.

Choose the scenario below that best fits your cruise plans:

Starting an international cruise in Canada or arriving by cruise from another countryCruises that are staying in Canadian waters or not returning to Canada

Providing proof of vaccination

You’re required to upload your proof of vaccination into ArriveCAN before:

• you enter Canada, or
  • embarking on a cruise that is travelling outside Canadian waters (for example, if docking in the United States for a shore excursion) or a cruise, or
  • embarking on a cruise that will dock in Canada at any point in the itinerary

This applies to all travellers, including Canadians. ArriveCAN is mandatory and free for all travellers entering Canada, regardless of citizenship or vaccination status.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, macandlucy said:

Also, I sure hope this program ends soon!  It's not keeping Covid out of Canada, but it sure is adding frustration to many vacations.

Such a ridiculous liberal policy that is frustrating travelers to Canada and those associated with the travel industry within Canada. I read that they laugh in disbelief how stupid, expensive,  and unnecessary this travel app is. It's been a useless disaster. I so look forward to filling this stupid thing out tomorrow as well. 

Edited by tallnthensome
  • Like 3

We are boarding in Seattle also, same stop in Victoria.  Called NCL, told we did not need any Arrive Can documentation.  I did not feel comfortable with the persons knowledge, so am reaching out to any posters who have actually boarded an Alaska Cruise in Seattle, did you have to show a Arrive Can receipts or whatever it is called to board the Ship??

SandandSeas, Without it in front of me, I am not sure. If the address required is along the lines of "where will you be staying in Canada", then I would use the Victoria Pier address.

Also, you can do most of this stuff at home, even now, like uploading proof of vaccination, entering personal info for you and any other travellers in you group. Then, you just have to revisit the app no more than three days before your cruise sails. (I believe they want to see your completed arrivecan QR code at the pier check in on embarkation day, even if you are embarking in the US). When you again open the app, within three days of your trip, it will know know (because you have already entered your travel dates the first time you opened it), you will update your health info, and the once it's completed you get the QR code right away. You can print the QR code too I think. 

I found this from Regent Cruises. I used their guide for the Greece traveller forms and it didn't let me down, so I hope their guide for ArriveCan is as helpful as it was for Eurofins!

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2022-04/ArriveCan.pdf

If that isn't helpful, there's also:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6954

(Sorry if these links are not clickable, may have to cut and paste)

Edited by macandlucy
clarity
  • Thanks 2

Tried to enter data and only got to Dates of Entry, see below. Thus, I could do nothing else. Some people indicated they could enter personal data such as shot proof, etc.

Note: Date of embarkation must be between 2022-08-05 and 2022-08-09

Another goat-rope-exercise. SMH

9 minutes ago, Oxo said:

Tried to enter data and only got to Dates of Entry, see below. Thus, I could do nothing else. Some people indicated they could enter personal data such as shot proof, etc.

Note: Date of embarkation must be between 2022-08-05 and 2022-08-09

Another goat-rope-exercise. SMH

Is this you first time completing ArriveCan or have you used it before?

29 minutes ago, macandlucy said:

Is this you first time completing ArriveCan or have you used it before?

Yes, first time using ArriveCan. Using PC. Let me try the apk. Thank you for your info and help. 

42 minutes ago, macandlucy said:

I found this from Regent Cruises. I used their guide for the Greece traveller forms and it didn't let me down, so I hope their guide for ArriveCan is as helpful as it was for Eurofins!

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2022-04/ArriveCan.pdf

If that isn't helpful, there's also:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=6954

(Sorry if these links are not clickable, may have to cut and paste)

Great links!   I'm feeling MUCH better about this part now😊   

Love the Regent guide....it's like they wrote it for those of us who aren't used to down-loading apps without a grandchild's assistance!

The Cruisecritic article says (in part):

....Once you reach the 72-hour point, you return to the app or website to answer the remaining health and travel-related questions. At that point, you will need to know the sail date, your flight information if flying into Canada, the ship name, the port of call, and even a quarantine address should it become necessary. If your cruise ends in Canada, use a Canadian address where you would stay if needed. If your cruise does not end in Canada, choose "other" and use your cruise stateroom number.

You will have drop-down lists of ships and ports to choose from. Ships stopping in Victoria use the cruise pier at Ogden Point...

59 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

We are boarding in Seattle also, same stop in Victoria.  Called NCL, told we did not need any Arrive Can documentation.  I did not feel comfortable with the persons knowledge, so am reaching out to any posters who have actually boarded an Alaska Cruise in Seattle, did you have to show a Arrive Can receipts or whatever it is called to board the Ship??

We did at the end of May.

6 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Great links!   I'm feeling MUCH better about this part now😊   

Love the Regent guide....it's like they wrote it for those of us who aren't used to down-loading apps without a grandchild's assistance!

The Cruisecritic article says (in part):

....Once you reach the 72-hour point, you return to the app or website to answer the remaining health and travel-related questions. At that point, you will need to know the sail date, your flight information if flying into Canada, the ship name, the port of call, and even a quarantine address should it become necessary. If your cruise ends in Canada, use a Canadian address where you would stay if needed. If your cruise does not end in Canada, choose "other" and use your cruise stateroom number.

You will have drop-down lists of ships and ports to choose from. Ships stopping in Victoria use the cruise pier at Ogden Point...

Haha yes! And that's me too!  I am glad to hear it's as good as their Eurofins guide was. Great news!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stunned said:

Am I right for ArrIveCan that we need a Covid test 72 hours before boarding ship to Canada or is it still 48 (vaccinated and boosted)?

It was  48 when we cruised in May, but above instructions look like 72.  

If you are vaxxed and boosted, I don't think you need to test (any longer -- fairly recent change I think) to enter Canada. The cruise line may require it, however.

(From Government of Canada website:)

Pre-entry testing is not required

Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children under the age of 12 are not required to provide a valid pre-entry test result, if they are accompanying a fully vaccinated adult.

Children who are less than 5 years old are not required to test, regardless of their vaccination status.

Edited by macandlucy

12 minutes ago, macandlucy said:

If you are vaxxed and boosted, I don't think you need to test (any longer -- fairly recent change I think) to enter Canada. The cruise line may require it, however.

(From Government of Canada website:)

Pre-entry testing is not required

Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children under the age of 12 are not required to provide a valid pre-entry test result, if they are accompanying a fully vaccinated adult.

Children who are less than 5 years old are not required to test, regardless of their vaccination status.

Do you have a link to this verbiage above?  All I see on the site is the Cruise policy that you posted in post #8 above.  We are boarding the Prima in Southampton in September and won't arrive in Canada until 12 days later (assuming we test 2 days prior to boarding).  Doesn't make much sense to me to test before embarkation.