NCL Spirit - review on updated ship?

Mbot222000

Headed to Tahiti in October to sail on the Spirit. I know it's a 20+ yr old ship that was revamped in 2019. Any reviews on the updated ship? Information in general? I'm curious what people think, etc. I heard there were some snafus on the first few sailings after refurbishment, but looking for any reviews. I see it's currently in Alaska right now...

We are on the 10th floor (balcony room) near Spice H2O. Hoping to take advantage of that bar and the drink package quite a bit...

Would love to hear of any experiences with this ship.

YouTube is a good place to look but you need to be sure poster was on the Spirit after the 2020 refurbishment.  Here are a few to get you started

This is long Norwegian Spirit - Complete Tour (2020) done by AGC Travel Videos

Ship staterooms were all totally redone in the refurbishment.  Here is  YouTube Norwegian Spirit Balcony Cabin Tour (Post Refurbishment) done by Prof. Cruise.  Spirit staterooms are small but video shows huge improvement from when we were on Spirit years ago.

Prof. Cruise has also posted some other YouTube videos and it looks like they will be posting a video review of their cruise.  Just posting  their video "Secret" Multi-Purpose room on the Norwegian Spirit because I thought it was interesting that Spirit has forward facing viewing areas on both decks 12 and 13. 

There is also a YouTube video NCL Spirit - French Polynesia & Hawaii 2022 posted by Steve&Gen Bazinet.  It has shots of the ship mingled with gorgeous scenery photos and great music.  YouTube is not allowing the link to be imbedded but you can look it up.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Mbot222000 said:

Headed to Tahiti in October to sail on the Spirit. I know it's a 20+ yr old ship that was revamped in 2019. Any reviews on the updated ship? Information in general?

There are some photos, and descriptions of things on board, and the ports, in my "Live from" thread from our Hawaii-Tahiti and Tahiti-Hawaii cruises on the Spirit in May 2022:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Mbot222000

Would love to hear of any experiences with this ship.

On no you wouldn't!!!   The language might really put you off!   But that was due to the appearance of Covid in March 2020 while we were travelling from Dubai to Cape Town.   That may not have been due to the ship more due to the three senior officers!!!