Just got home from a great week on NCL Jade

jamadeliz

I thought I would post some positive NCL comments.  Reading a lot of comments from people before my cruise, stressed me out.  For us, airfare, COVID, and the trip was great.  We used NCL's air promotion for flights to Athens.  No problems at all.  We had a stopover in Rome on the way there (no delays).  We arrived in Athens around 11:30 two days before our cruise.  Took an Uber to our hotel - Cocomat BC Athens which is an incredible hotel with a rooftop pool that overlooks the Acropolis.    We got COVID tested at a pharmacy nearby for 7 euros each.   We arrived at the port around 11:30 and were onboard by 12:15.  Very orderly process.  The Jade itself was wonderful.  This was our second trip on her.  I thought the staff in Alizar were the best I have had.  The crew in general were fantastic.   Our cabin steward, in our upgraded balcony cabin, was fantastic.  We were in room 9588.  We appear that this point to be COVID free.  Our flight home yesterday was nonstop to Boston.  My only complaint would be that we were at the airport very early for flight.  We disembarked at around 7:45 and had a 2:15 flight.  We took the NCL bus to the airport.  Great trip.  No issues at all.  Very glad we went on this cruise and very happy we booked airfare with NCL. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

We're staying at a hotel in the same area, can you tell me what pharmacy you used?  I've also heard that if you register for a Eurofins account during the check in process, NCL will test you at the port for free since it's a Greece requirement.  Just wanting to know options if case things change between now and Sept.  Thanks!

@jamadeliz

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise, we have been on the Jade previously and enjoyed it.   We are on again in November.

Was an MDP open for lunch on embarkation day?   On other sea days?

Who was the GM? The CD?  Any others you came across.

Thanks

Mike

Edited by casofilia

20 hours ago, casofilia said:

@jamadeliz

Glad to hear you enjoyed the cruise, we have been on the Jade previously and enjoyed it.   We are on again in November.

Was an MDP open for lunch on embarkation day?   On other sea days?

Who was the GM? The CD?  Any others you came across.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

No main dining room open for lunch any days because we were in port every day.  We ate at O'Sheehans several days.  Cruise director was Danny.  No idea who the General Manager was.  

21 hours ago, thera said:

We're staying at a hotel in the same area, can you tell me what pharmacy you used?  I've also heard that if you register for a Eurofins account during the check in process, NCL will test you at the port for free since it's a Greece requirement.  Just wanting to know options if case things change between now and Sept.  Thanks!

The pharmacy we used was at 45 Siggrou Street.  Very close to our hotel. 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2022 at 7:00 PM, jamadeliz said:

The pharmacy we used was at 45 Siggrou Street.  Very close to our hotel. 

Hi,

We are on the Jade in October and also staying for a couple of days beforehand in the same area as your hotel. Did you have to book an appointment with the pharmacy and how long did the results take?

Thanks. 

I was also on this cruise and would echo these comments. The whole boarding process was orderly and quick. The staff were all fantastic as well. I’m still on board for this week as well, they’ve now gone back to 100% capacity and also dropped the indoor mask requirements as well. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 4:26 AM, TRUEBLUE66 said:

Hi,

We are on the Jade in October and also staying for a couple of days beforehand in the same area as your hotel. Did you have to book an appointment with the pharmacy and how long did the results take?

Thanks. 

We did not have to book an appointment but there is a website that you need to use first.  If you go to a pharmacy they will walk you through it.  Ask at the front desk of your hotel which pharmacy they recommend.  Results were within 15 minutes and they printed out the results for us.  I used my phone to register and added my husband to the account.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2022 at 4:32 AM, jamadeliz said:

We used NCL's air promotion for flights to Athens.  No problems at all.  We had a stopover in Rome on the way there (no delays).  We arrived in Athens around 11:30 two days before our cruise. 

Thanks for sharing your experience! We are taking a cruise on the Jade next year & went with the NCL's airfare promotion. I was a bit worried about not having any say in flights, but your experience sounds positive. Thanks, too, for the covid testing information. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 3:24 PM, Beezo said:

Thanks for sharing your experience! 

What would you say the capacity was on this sailing?

I would guess 60% or so.  It was a great cruise because we had no sea days,  so the ship never really felt crowded.  Pool areas a bit crowded at the end of the day.  We did not have any trouble finding seats at breakfast or lunch in the buffet area.