Sunshine cruise in early November...is the pool heated?

tdbates

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to cruising. Has anyone taken a Sunshine cruise to the Bahamas in fall/early November? I'm from South Carolina so I'm aware of Charleston's weather in November (which, while typically temperate, isn't exactly pool weather) and I'm trying to figure out how that will affect the cruise. Specifically, when we'll be able to utilize the pool. I personally don't care about the pool however I am traveling with two 12 year olds who very much want to swim! Is the pool heated? How far into the cruise does it start to get warmer? We'll be traveling to Half Moon Cay and perhaps Nassau (I haven't narrowed down the exact cruise yet). Thanks!

No the pools aren't heated. The water is usually pretty cold. But I'd say in November they should be fine, might need a few minutes to acclimate. Now a February cruise - that water is unbearably cold all cruise long.

The water at Half Moon Cay will be cold then too, but again once you acclimate you should be fine.

3 hours ago, tdbates said:

My experience has been that Carnival uses the available sea water to fill their pools each day, and empty them to clean them at night.  Unless something is different on the Sunshine, they are using untreated ocean water that is definitely not heated except by the body fluids of your fellow swimmers (which is the main reason I avoid the pools!).  As has already been pointed out, 12 year olds probably don't care.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, coasterjan said:

My experience has been that Carnival uses the available sea water to fill their pools each day, and empty them to clean them at night.  Unless something is different on the Sunshine, they are using untreated ocean water that is definitely not heated except by the body fluids of your fellow swimmers (which is the main reason I avoid the pools!).  As has already been pointed out, 12 year olds probably don't care.

I am not sure that they use untreated ocean water. I always thought they used desalinated water from the ocean. I didn’t think Carnival had salt water pools. 

like they say the mind is the first to go so you may be right