Culinary Update

sasejm

• sasejm changed the title to CULINARY UPDATE
4 hours ago, sasejm said:

Yes, it looks very good on paper.

Explora's  culinary options have impressed me thus far, even though they have stated in prior pdfs that all restaurants are featured; nonetheless, I am optimistic that more information about the menus will be released. I am curious to see what comes next because they are less than a year away from setting sail, and I have not yet seen the remaining entertainment locations. Based on my travel advisors' encounters and my calling in for information, their customer service is outstanding to any luxury or MSC Yacht Club concierge phone agent. I phoned today to get more information and spoke with a lovely lady who gave me information on the cigar lounge.

What I have observed so far has been really promising.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Culinary Update
  • 2 months later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/six-cruise-lines-tempt-epicureans-with-new-culinary-programming-in-2023/ar-AA19gq51

EXPLORA I Launches in 2023 with a Focus on Culinary Experiences

MSC Group's new luxury cruise line, Explora Journeys, will debut when EXPLORA I sets sail on July 17, 2023. Five of the ship's 18 restaurants will feature all-inclusive menus carefully curated by Michelin-trained chef and Head of Culinary Franck Garanger. 

The culinary team considered everything in crafting each restaurant's offerings, from precision and technique to sustainable and locally sourced ingredients.

For example, the contemporary onboard restaurant, Marble & Co. Grill, has a signature dish made with meat from Jersiaise breed cows, which are world-famous from the Deux-Sévres region of the lush Loire Valley. The beef is known for its sensational flavor and intense marbling. A potato dish in the restaurant is made with France's renowned Bordier butter from Normandy and topped with Calvisius Oscietra caviar, a premium and sustainably produced caviar from Italy. 

Furthermore, Explora Journeys has crafted a mixology program that includes cocktails to accompany specific regional menus. The cruise line is also focusing on a special mocktail menu.  

• Thanks 1

Add to this "Everything tastes better at sea".

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2023/04/cunard-reveals-why-chocolate-tastes-better-at-sea/?feed_id=2358&_unique_id=64307c875311f

"Professor Spence, a gastrophysicist from the University of Oxford, said that food and drink taste better when having a good time. This is known as the ‘Provencal rose paradox’ which, according to Spence, everyone has experienced at some point in time.

“It relates to the fact that food and drink seem to taste so much better when we are on holiday, whether this is with our family in the Mediterranean, or traveling solo with the sun on our backs,” said Spence. 

“So nice in fact, that we are even tempted to buy a few bottles of that same holiday wine, to bring back home and share on a cold winter’s evening. Only it never tastes the same; it is disappointing somehow.

“The reason is that when we are on holiday, we are likely to be relaxed and in a better mood, and food simply tastes better when we are in a better mood. Given that people don’t often cruise for work, they are likely to be happy and relaxed on their cruise hence making food and drink taste better.”

Salt is known as a flavor enhancer, helping to mask bitterness in certain foods or drinks such as tonic water or grapefruit, while enhancing the taste of many other foods including chocolate. However, according to Spence, salt is not the only factor that enhances the taste as even seeing, smelling, and hearing the sea may also conceptually prime notions of saltiness too, thus enhancing the sensation even more."

• Like 2