$100 pp per day per diem

wblotner66

16 hours ago, wblotner66 said:

How long did everyone need to wait to get their $200 per day per diem when denied boarding a cruise for testing positive and having to isolate? 

Most have said about 4 mos to get all their refunds.

2 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Please enlighten us as to how to speed up the process.

I'm sorry, I haven't been refused boarding due to Covid, but if everyone resigns to the fact that it's OK to wait 6 months for a refund, they'll take 6 months.

Personally, I'm not that generous with my time or money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I'm sorry, I haven't been refused boarding due to Covid, but if everyone resigns to the fact that it's OK to wait 6 months for a refund, they'll take 6 months.

I'm with you. I just don't understand how I'm able to speed things up. They have $ of mine that they are holding on to that I'm tired of them having. 

• Like 2

I’ve received my FCC and refund for specialty dining and taxes/ port fees about 6 weeks after I was supposed to end my cruise.  I need to know if they are going to give me the per diem or not. I have private travel insurance but once you submit yiu can’t add items and you only have 90 days to file.

8 minutes ago, wblotner66 said:

I’ve received my FCC and refund for specialty dining and taxes/ port fees about 6 weeks after I was supposed to end my cruise.  I need to know if they are going to give me the per diem or not. I have private travel insurance but once you submit yiu can’t add items and you only have 90 days to file.

We were specifically told by a HAL representative to file our travel insurance first, including the per diem. I attached my letter to my claim stating that we were allowed it. If it is denied, then you file with HAL submitting the denial and they will pay it to you. The biggest issue right now seems to be the travel insurance companies, especially AON, being so backed up with claims that it is taking (from what I have read of CC) up to 90 days. We still have excursions to be refunded from HAL, but they said to submit everything all together once we find out what our travel insurance will pay. Also, our case is considered trip interruption because we had started our land tour. If I knew whose rear I could light a fire under to get it all done in a timely manner, I would!!

27 minutes ago, Gray Lady said:

We were specifically told by a HAL representative to file our travel insurance first, including the per diem. I attached my letter to my claim stating that we were allowed it. If it is denied, then you file with HAL submitting the denial and they will pay it to you. The biggest issue right now seems to be the travel insurance companies, especially AON, being so backed up with claims that it is taking (from what I have read of CC) up to 90 days. We still have excursions to be refunded from HAL, but they said to submit everything all together once we find out what our travel insurance will pay. Also, our case is considered trip interruption because we had started our land tour. If I knew whose rear I could light a fire under to get it all done in a timely manner, I would!!

Our AON claim took about 9 weeks to get a check.  At 8 weeks it wasn’t showing as processing, so I called and asked when I was going to get a check and it was processed the next day and I received the check 10 days later. Someone suggested I call to speed it up.

So, try it.  Can’t hurt.

26 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Our AON claim took about 9 weeks to get a check.  At 8 weeks it wasn’t showing as processing, so I called and asked when I was going to get a check and it was processed the next day and I received the check 10 days later. Someone suggested I call to speed it up.

So, try it.  Can’t hurt.

Thanks for the heads-up. I will give them 7 weeks and then call. Just want to get our money so we can plan a different trip somewhere!

16 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

Yeah, the process can be a bit frustrating. I got my FCC in under 40 days. Waiting now on reimbursement for the Anchorage hotel and meals per diem. We were on the land portion of a cruisetour when I tested positive.

16 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Would be nice to have such power to wield. Yet here I sit being unwillingly generous. 

Last week I emailed an airline concerning an long overdue refund.

I said that I understand that they are probably shorthanded, but they've been holding onto my money longer than stated and they have not been forthcoming about when it would be processed. I mentioned that some drink coupons or an upgrade on our next flight would be nice. My refund arrived last night. No drink coupons, no upgrades, but my money is now in my bank account, and not theirs.

6 hours ago, hapster85 said:

Yeah, the process can be a bit frustrating. I got my FCC in under 40 days. Waiting now on reimbursement for the Anchorage hotel and meals per diem. We were on the land portion of a cruisetour when I tested positive.

A few questions. Did you pre-pay any excursions? If so, did they FCC those or refund your money? Did you have any trip insurance that you filed with first? How long ago did you file for reimbursement for your hotel and per diem? Thanks for helping and hope you get your money soon!

8 hours ago, Gray Lady said:

A few questions. Did you pre-pay any excursions? If so, did they FCC those or refund your money? Did you have any trip insurance that you filed with first? How long ago did you file for reimbursement for your hotel and per diem? Thanks for helping and hope you get your money soon!

Excursions were refunded to our credit cards pretty quickly. Two were refunded July 1st, the day after the positive covid test. The rest were refunded 4 days later, July 5th. We had the Princess platinum insurance. We didn't file for hotel and per diem reimbursement until August 12th, which was the day the charge for the hotel hit our credit card.

It was a bit confusing the way that was done. Princess contracted with Beacon Health in Anchorage to do testing, as well as arrange hotels. While we were free to make our own arrangements, if we wished, we decided to just let them handle it. Beacon took our credit card info when we checked into the hotel, but when we checked out, it was charged to some unknown debit card. Same with my parents. We didn't actually notice this until we were home, if I recall correctly. We thought maybe they were billing Princess directly, but weren't really surprised when the charge showed up on our credit cards, more than a month later. Beacon also sent an invoice, which we used to file the insurance claim.

Also worth noting that we booked our flights with EZAir, and it was relatively painless getting our return flights rebooked. The number we were given to call was for the Holland America Group travel center, or something like that. Just had to wait on hold a couple hours. No additional charges there.

HTH

Edited by hapster85

2 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Excursions were refunded to our credit cards pretty quickly. Two were refunded July 1st, the day after the positive covid test. The rest were refunded 4 days later, July 5th. We had the Princess platinum insurance. We didn't file for hotel and per diem reimbursement until August 12th, which was the day the charge for the hotel hit our credit card.

It was a bit confusing the way that was done. Princess contracted with Beacon Health in Anchorage to do testing, as well as arrange hotels. While we were free to make our own arrangements, if we wished, we decided to just let them handle it. Beacon took our credit card info when we checked into the hotel, but when we checked out, it was charged to some unknown debit card. Same with my parents. We didn't actually notice this until we were home, if I recall correctly. We thought maybe they were billing Princess directly, but weren't really surprised when the charge showed up on our credit cards, more than a month later.

Also worth noting that we booked our flights with EZAir, and it was relatively painless getting our return flights rebooked. The number we were given to call was for the Holland America Group travel center, or something like that. Just had to wait on hold a couple hours. No additional charges there.

HTH

Thank you for the info. We had a few excursions refunded from HAL, but not all. We had the same experience with our flights. We filed our travel insurance claim on the 7th of July, and it is still in the “assigned” stage. Also, we did not opt for FCC, but to get our money back. Our hotel had both Princess and HAL passengers, as did our bus from Denali to Anchorage.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:48 PM, Gray Lady said:

Thank you for the info. We had a few excursions refunded from HAL, but not all. We had the same experience with our flights. We filed our travel insurance claim on the 7th of July, and it is still in the “assigned” stage. Also, we did not opt for FCC, but to get our money back. Our hotel had both Princess and HAL passengers, as did our bus from Denali to Anchorage.

Received an email from Aon this afternoon that our claim was in "final review". Fingers crossed that actually means something. Lol

Parents also received their FCC today. So there's that out of the way.

19 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Received an email from Aon this afternoon that our claim was in "final review". Fingers crossed that actually means something. Lol

Parents also received their FCC today. So there's that out of the way.

Well, I may have to call them to see what is taking them so long. It may be that you aren’t asking for your cruise money back, like we are. We may be assigned to a different agent who has to figure out our land tour/cruise refund. Let us know what you get back as far as the hotel and per diem. Hope it happens soon!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have you received all of your money back yet? Just curious if they reimbursed everything to you. I have contacted AON about our trip claim, and have received the standard reply about them being overwhelmed, etc. I will try again next week…and the next week until we get some movement. I emailed HAL about our excursions not being refunded, but have received no reply…no surprise.