Question about limited options for specialty restaurant dining times in 'my cruise planner'

relo

Hi,

In 'my cruise planner' for our our Odyssey cruise I can pre-book the specialty restaurants. But if I look at the available times I see that every restaurant has limited choice of times that you can reserve. I understand that Teppanyaki only has specific times due the nature of the restaurant. But for example Izumi is only available at 5:45, 7:30 & 9:00. Giovanni is only available at 5:30, 7:30 & 9:00. Chops on the other hand has several dining times I can choose but never 6:15, 6:30 or 7:00.

I find it odd you can't reserve these restaurant 6:30 for example. Are these times reserved for on board reservations?

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

Considering 6-7pm is a prime time for a lot of people to eat dinner, maybe those slots have already been filled. 

Thanks, but I doubt it because I have been monitoring the available times from the moment the cruise became available in my cruise planner. From the very first moment these were the only  times available. 

We have some late departures and overnights (Santorini 11pm and Mykonos 5am) and even on these nights it is the same although we suspect that many people will have diner on shore.

Just now, relo said:

Thanks, but I doubt it because I have been monitoring the available times from the moment the cruise became available in my cruise planner. From the very first moment these were the only  times available. 

We have some late departures and overnights (Santorini 11pm and Mykonos 5am) and even on these nights it is the same although we suspect that many people will have diner on shore.

If they are booking tables for 5:30 or 5:45, they are blocking two hours of time.  That means that those tables are not available to book for 6/6:15/6:30.

1 minute ago, mets07 said:

I have always experienced what you are observing.  I simply pick a date/time and then go to a specialty restaurant as soon as onboard and get adjusted. You can usually get somewhat close to what you desire.

Thanks. I'm planning on doing that. The cruise is completely sold out. As most cruises at this moment aren't as I understand, it is difficult to relate to experiences on not sold out cruises . 

As far as I know we have the first boarding time (11:30 in Civitavecchia )  and I plan to do that first thing when we board.

• Like 1