Trouble getting FCC issued from Fly2Fun Fiasco

We were scheduled to fly out June 9, 2022 with Carnival Fly2Fun to London for our Norwegian Fjord cruise on the Pride. The was scheduled to depart the following day. We were scheduled to arrive at the airport at 11 am. The second leg of our journey was delayed two hours we were notified as soon as we got to the airport for our first leg. After three hours begging the Carnival Reps to get us a new flight, we were told that we had just missed the only other flight they could have gotten us on to get us to Dover on time. We were told NOT to get on the plane for our first leg. (It was final boarding at this point.) We were to go home. They were not going to try to get us to the ship at another port. The Rep said that someone would contact us the following day for our FCC.

We did not wait to be contacted. We contacted our PVP and Travel Services. We were issued a credit card refund for taxes, port fees, etc. within a few days. 

It has been more than two months and our PVP says the Review has asked the airline for confirmation. I sent the email and text message we received. We have not been given our FCC.

In hindsight, there are several things we would do differently. We trusted Carnival and Fly2Fun to get us there and tell us the truth. Now, they are acting like we made it up or something. We are very frustrated. Does anyone know magic words or something to get us our FCC? We already paid a fortune for the cruise and airfare and didn't go on a cruise. Now, they are holding it without even issuing the FCC!

23 minutes ago, let's go cruising said:

Yes. They haven't processed the claim yet. I am not hopeful because flight delays are only a "covered reason" if it is weather related for 24 hours. This was mechanical for two hours.

Unfortunately, you're probably right. Trip Delay usually has a clause that you have to be delayed more that X number of hours. Some 4, some 12, some more. Trip Interruption usually has a clause whereas you are required to do everything possible to get to your destination (and in the case of a cruise, catch up at a distant port). Again, unfortunately, you took the word of a cruise line agent and stopped your trip without first calling the insurance company for their advice and/or consent.

You may be royally screwed, but there are many lessons in your story for others to learn from.

* Cruise line air - Don't buy the marketing literature. What is in the legal documents?

* Trust but verify - When in a jam, call the TA or cruise line for advice, but also call the travel insurance company so they can advise. They may agree with previous advice, but they can also advise what documents you may need to help your case. (I was denied a medical claim once because I didn't notify the insurance company prior to going to the hospital. I knew I needed to do that but my mind was a jumbled mess during the emergency that I forgot. However, that's on me)

Good luck with your FCC from the cruise line.

I just received an email from Carnival. I am so angry I am shaking. I have to escalate this further. How can I do that?

"Thanks for getting in touch with us. Your email has been forwarded to my attention and it is my pleasure to respond. First and foremost, we’d like to thank you for choosing Carnival Cruise Line as your cruise provider.

We’re very sorry to hear you and Stephen were unable to sail with us aboard the Carnival Pride.  We know you all were looking forward to your cruise and we empathize with your disappointment over having to miss your vacation plans. 

We have reviewed your request for special consideration and regret that we’re unable to honor your request for a refund/cruise credit. Our records indicate you all did not show for your airline flight and therefore, we are unable to offer compensation. We trust you understand that cancellation charges are a standard industry practice and for this reason we offer Carnival’s Vacation Protection Plan as a safeguard from financial losses of this nature. 

Thank you for your understanding.  We hope you and Stephen will once again consider Carnival when making future vacation plans."

I have our Boarding Pass. I have the ticket from the parking lot. I thought they were recording all of the conversations. I know that they took notes the whole time. They are ROBBING US.

Wow, that's wild, and I completely understand you being upset -- I would be, too.

I'd ask your PVP to escalate it to the Resolutions Department with an explanation that what has been assumed by Carnival (based on the e-mail above) is not what actually happened.

If you can't get any satisfaction from that, contact some of the corporate folks on the following page:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/carnival-cruise-lines/

This guide on the Elliot Advocacy website is a good place to start, too, to help write an effective letter that will hopefully get your issue resolved:

https://www.elliott.org/answers/how-to-fix-your-own-consumer-problem/

If you're still not able to get the issue resolved correctly after contacting Carnival's executive contacts, I would recommend opening a case with Elliot Advocacy. If they accept your case, they will advocate on your behalf for free to try and get the issue resolved. Your situation sounds like something that they would indeed take up, and they have a good history of positive resolutions.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Sorry this happened to you.

So were you scheduled to arrive London on the day of the cruise at 11am and the flight got delayed two hours (or 1pm)?  What time was the ship supposed to leave?

Hope you are able to find a resolution to this somehow.

Did you have 3rd party insurance? Or did you have Carnival's insurance?

I ask because Carnival's insurance includes a Cancel For Any Reason rider which allows you to cancel up to scheduled ship departure time. 

If YOU formally cancelled because you were advised by the cruise line, then you should be eligible for a 75% FCC for the cruise portion.

If YOU didn't formally cancel, then you could be SOL on that point also.