Azamazing evening dinner on board

kelseys nan

1 minute ago, kelseys nan said:

If we decide not to go ashore for this on our Christmas cruise from Rio de Janeiro can anyone advise us what restaurants will be open for dinner please?

As far ax I know on port days all restaurants are open for dinner as usual. Excursions do not usually clash.

But... you have included in the title of your post the word 'Azamazing'.

Is the Azamazing evening scheduled to be off the ship?

Currently Azamazing evenings are held on board!

Just now, kelseys nan said:

I see on our excursion list the azamazing evening  is in Montevideo at a theatre 

I see it now, on Dec 22.

There is a roll call for this cruise!

We stayed on board for one AzAmazing Evening a few years ago. Apart from the ship being almost completely empty, as I recall (but only from memory, and not with certainty) we were able to dine at Prime C.

The meals are structured so that people may dine before. When people return, Windows is open, but I don't think that the Main Dining Room is! Again this is all from memory g others may know with a greater degree of certainty.

I’d also say do go along to the Azamazing evening. We decided not to do so on the Norway cruise and ate in Prime C. The food was as good as ever, but overall it was a miserable experience, no-one else in there, no atmosphere. Made worse by people coming back & telling us how wonderful the singing was in Trondheim cathedral!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kelseys nan said:

I see on our excursion list the azamazing evening  is in Montevideo at a theatre 

I saw that too. Debating whether or not to go. The bus ride may be a dealbreaker for us. But by February, who knows? 😁

On 8/17/2022 at 9:02 AM, asnaleah said:

I saw that too. Debating whether or not to go. The bus ride may be a dealbreaker for us. But by February, who knows? 😁

For what it is worth, there is normally transportation for those needing wheelchairs  etc.  not sure if that’s what worries you about the bus.  

6 hours ago, asnaleah said:

The bus issue is being in an enclosed vehicle with lots of people, unknown Covid status, no masks. It’s a difficult choice, but we have decided to be as careful as we can and still cruise. 

I am the same. We avoid crowded buses. I always use the the gym during cruises, but this year, I have given the gym a wide berth, as gyms can be high risk in terms of spreading Covid. I do endless laps around the jogging track instead.

• Like 3

On 8/25/2022 at 9:33 AM, asnaleah said:

The bus issue is being in an enclosed vehicle with lots of people, unknown Covid status, no masks. It’s a difficult choice, but we have decided to be as careful as we can and still cruise. 

I hear you, I can’t afford to get long COVID.  Please note that some of the events are in indoor theaters too. 

On some of the regular tours, early on, there was an attempt to keep assigned seats on other cruise lines. The buses we were on in May, not Azamara, were mostly masked as that was what was required indoors by the originating port.  

I consider sitting near opening windows when things seem iffy. 

Last account I had Azamara was still fully vaxed.  

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak
  • Like 1