Symphony of the Seas - Christmas Specialty Dining - Which to choose?

Symphony of the Seas is offering special holiday dining for Christmas Eve and Christmas at 150 Central Park and Chops Grille. Anyone have done holiday dining at either? I'm just wondering which would be better for holiday dinner. I've done regular dinner at Chops Grille and it was delicious but never been to 150 Central Park. What do you all think?

I don't know if they will have a special holiday menu but CP 150 is incredible. I think it would be a great choice and I like Chops too. CP 150 feels more eloquent. Perfect for a holiday meal.

• Like 1

You should be able to go on the app or your account on the website and look at the menus for both holiday meals.  We did have the Chops Holiday dinner booked last Christmas because the other person we were travelling with really wanted to do it (we didn't go as we ended up cancelling the cruise), but since the only additional things from a normal Chops meal were a glass of champagne and the lobster being included, I'm not convinced that it is worth the price.  Our friend did end up going on the cruise and she did enjoy it.  We were on Mariner, so I can't speak to what the 150 Central Park menu is like.  

51 minutes ago, rebeccac said:

You should be able to go on the app or your account on the website and look at the menus for both holiday meals.  We did have the Chops Holiday dinner booked last Christmas because the other person we were travelling with really wanted to do it (we didn't go as we ended up cancelling the cruise), but since the only additional things from a normal Chops meal were a glass of champagne and the lobster being included, I'm not convinced that it is worth the price.  Our friend did end up going on the cruise and she did enjoy it.  We were on Mariner, so I can't speak to what the 150 Central Park menu is like.  

It doesn't show the menu 😞 In the description it mentions some plates briefly, but that's it.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I don't know if they will have a special holiday menu but CP 150 is incredible. I think it would be a great choice and I like Chops too. CP 150 feels more eloquent. Perfect for a holiday meal.

Yup they both have holiday menus, but unfortunately I can't see what they are specifically. We did want to try 150 Central Park, so maybe we should do the holiday dinner there as we already did a regular Chops dinner on another ship.

6 hours ago, nolegirl01 said:

Symphony of the Seas is offering special holiday dining for Christmas Eve and Christmas at 150 Central Park and Chops Grille. Anyone have done holiday dining at either? I'm just wondering which would be better for holiday dinner. I've done regular dinner at Chops Grille and it was delicious but never been to 150 Central Park. What do you all think?

Nothing different to justify $100 upcharge. You can get a glass of champagne in the MDR or Windjammer for much less than $100!

• Like 1

MAIN DINING ROOM! They have a super special (very yummy) menu on the holidays, and there's nothing exciting in Chops/150 CP to make it worth the extra. I would go to 150CP on a different day.  I always remember the fried brie appetizer in the main dining room, and my mom loves the turkey dinner.  

hmmm you all make some valid points... it's $100 extra for champagne and lobster. I like in Florida about 1.5 hours from the keys where we eat lobsters ALL. THE. TIME. so even though it's delicious, I'm not crazy excited about that to justify the price hike. Also champagne is blah. I prefer liquor. IF they had open bar while you eat dinner than that's a different story (we might not get the drink package).... So if the menu is the same as the other days and you are literally paying $100 for a lobster tail and champagne, I might just skip and go to the main dining room lol but I do want to eat at 150 CP, I guess we'll just choose another day.

• Like 1