WiFi on 4 devices

You create an account and 4 devices can be logged into that account at any one time. If a 5th device signs on, one of the others (random? oldest?) will be kicked off.

You can can actively log out of one device before logging in with the new one and that will prevent the random disconnect. 

While technically against the TOS, I was able to let my wife keep one connection, and then I would use the other on my phone, and use it's wifi hotspot to share the connection with my tablet, and occasionally my laptop.

25 minutes ago, rccllovergirl said:

If one person gets WiFi for 4 devices. Will it be 4 different logins/passwords or just one login/password that can be used on up to 4 devices?   

This: just one login/password that can be used on up to 4 devices?   

16 minutes ago, Mellylucy said:

This: just one login/password that can be used on up to 4 devices?   

I don't know if any ships still do it the "old" way with 1 code for each purchased device, but on the last 5 or 6 cruises we have been on, yes. One person connects to the WiFi and it will ask you if you are creating the account or logging in. First time you will create and and you log in with your last name and cabin number (or something like that). It will then have you confirm your plan (or change it??), and then you will create a username and a password. Then on every other device, you will choose the login to an existing account option using the username and password.

This way you can use the WiFi before getting to your room.

And remember, it's simultaneous devices. You can use more total devices over the course of the cruise.

Can't delete, so I'll just leave it here. I first read that as a question. I now see that you quoted the OP and prefixed "This:", which answered the question, not posed a new one.

Edited by RobInMN

I just want to understand.  I can get 1 package with 4 Devices for like $300 for my Europe Cruise.  All these devices can all be used at the same time?

If I get us all each individual plans - it is a lot more $$.  (like almost twice as expensive).  

8 minutes ago, LynnTH said:

I just want to understand.  I can get 1 package with 4 Devices for like $300 for my Europe Cruise.  All these devices can all be used at the same time?

If I get us all each individual plans - it is a lot more $$.  (like almost twice as expensive).  

You are correct…..1 person buying a 4 device pkg is much cheaper than individual pks.  The person buying the pkg will set up a log in name and password……which he will then give to the 4 people who want to use his pkg….

Edited by GTO-Girl

4 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

You are correct…..1 person buying a 4 device pkg is much cheaper than individual pks.  The person buying the pkg will set up a log in name and password……which he will then give to the 4 people who want to use his pkg….

Great. Thanks.  That is the way I will go then.  Just wanted to make sure!!

• Like 1

If someone wants to switch between a phone and a tablet or laptop, they can manually log off their connection and log in again.  Just turning off the wifi button on their device will NOT be enough to "log them out" of the system. 

I just bookmark this site: onboardicafe.com/royal/logout.aspx 

If you type that into your browser, that will tell the Royal network that you're not using that device anymore, and it will free up a spot to log in another device.  If you don't officially log out the first device, when you go to log in another device (assuming that the other three people are already logged in), it will bump one of the people offline so that no more than four devices are logged in at the same time.