Missing MedallionNet purchase on App? Please post about onboard experience...

SomewhereGirl

If you don't follow the Ocean Medallion App thread, many are experiencing an issue with pre-purchased MedallionNet no longer being reflected on the App.

If you are sailing in the next few days, and are experiencing this issue, please post about what happened once onboard (if you do get on the internet).  Was all well or did you have to fight for what you already paid for?

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

If you don't follow the Ocean Medallion App thread, many are experiencing an issue with pre-purchased MedallionNet no longer being reflected on the App.

If you are sailing in the next few days, and are experiencing this issue, please post about what happened once onboard (if you do get on the internet).  Was all well or did you have to fight for what you already paid for?

Thank you!

Thanks for starting this thread for feedback.

Those that are traveling soon and experiencing these issues, I hope you are flooding PCL Medallion App team with calls to correct this massive bug in the App.  

I would suggest you print your travel summary for out showing your purchase of the MedallionNet and if not shown in there, a copy of the charges on your credit card.

It is truly a shame to start off your vacation with this hassle.  Please post your experiences as the OP @SomewhereGirlhas requested.

41 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I see this happening to Elite and Platinum members so far on the threads.  I wonder if it’s related to only those eligible for the 50% discount?

I am thinking a lot of folks on here are at least Platinum.  And if not, probably most have booked with the PLUS and have included MedallionNet.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I am thinking a lot of folks on here are at least Platinum.  And if not, probably most have booked with the PLUS and have included MedallionNet.

Maybe the key is the Plus?  They reprogrammed the MedallionNet to

include Plus guests and corrupted it.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Maybe the key is the Plus?  They reprogrammed the MedallionNet to

include Plus guests and corrupted it.

There should be no reason to do that.  PLUS guests were already offered the 4-device upgrade and was known they had internet included.  Don't see that as it.

More likely, they were trying to fix the issue with non-recognition of correct CC Member Level in MC App and, in their very typical fashion, broke some other code.  And in their also highly typical useless QA Testing, it was missed (or do they even test at all???).  Now, it offers discount to no one again. 

Thing is we'll never find out the bug.  We used to get to talk to people actually close to the OCEAN team and now I find all we get are reps in the Philippines who read off scripted "sorry" notes about "system glitches" and have no idea about what root causes are and cannot speak beyond a superficial level about the App and DMW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Loritd said:

I am elite and I don't sail till September 18th and my advanced purchase of one device is gone as well. I will give it a week to come back then call.

No issue there, but this is so frustrating because Princess shoots themselves in the feet over and over and over again with long-standing system bugs, new bugs due to lack of quality testing controls, conflicting Covid info, etc, and all of this causes phone lines to clog with people who were humming along fine until their records got corrupted or new info disrupts their situation.  

They are definitely their own worst enemy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loritd said:

I am elite and I don't sail till September 18th and my advanced purchase of one device is gone as well. I will give it a week to come back then call.

Hopefully it shows as purchased MedallionNet discount in your travel summary on the website.

I would print that summary out as proof, in case they don’t fix this before your sailing. Highly possible they won’t.

Who would you recommend talking to onboard about it?  The internet desk or guest services?  I have a feeling both would say to purchase it again (and probably not at the pre-cruise pricing) then submit the case post cruise, and that makes me mad just thinking about it. I sail in six days. I'm 48 hours into the 48-72 hours I was told to wait. Not holding my breath.

Hopefully somebody sailing this weekend will have seen this thread and post about their experience

Edited by SomewhereGirl

50 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Who would you recommend talking to onboard about it?  The internet desk or guest services?  I have a feeling both would say to purchase it again (and probably not at the pre-cruise pricing) then submit the case post cruise, and that makes me mad just thinking about it. I sail in six days. I'm 48 hours into the 48-72 hours I was told to wait. Not holding my breath.

Hopefully somebody sailing this weekend will have seen this thread and post about their experience

I hope someone does post.  If you paid for it and print out your travel summary, then I would log out of the App when you get OB and then log back in using the booking no instead of your password.

See if you’re purchase is enabled.  If not try:

Logout.com

then log in using

shipname.princess.com

example   Regal.princess.com

If you still can’t get on, or if you don’t show you’ve purchased the MedallionNet 

then I would go to guest services. 

I would definitely try to purchase ahead of time with PCL over the phone with the discount taken off….

if you don’t show it purchased on the  travel summary.  I would not want to stand in line once OB.

Edited by PacnGoNow

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I hope someone does post.  If you paid for it and print out your travel summary, then I would log out of the App when you get OB and then log back in using the booking no instead of your password.

See if you’re purchase is enabled.  If not try:

Logout.com

then log in using

shipname.princess.com

example   Regal.princess.com

If you still can’t get on, or if you don’t show you’ve purchased the MedallionNet 

then I would go to guest services. 

I would definitely try to purchase ahead of time with PCL over the phone with the discount taken off….

if you don’t show it purchased on the  travel summary.  I would not want to stand in line once OB.

I don't think this ensures or verifies MedallionNet purchased.  The way it was is you still signed up for the package when first logging in and there was an OBC to offset the charge.  I guess I am not sure what the screen shows now when first logging in on board a ship.  Perhaps it is pre-initialized?

9 hours ago, SomewhereGirl said:

We are also sailing in 6 days and the price has more than doubled since last week. I am kicking myself for not ordering then but on the other hand why had it gone up, they definitely haven't given us the 50% off now. Also don't want to order onboard as it will be even more. 

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't think this ensures or verifies MedallionNet purchased.  The way it was is you still signed up for the package when first logging in and there was an OBC to offset the charge.  I guess I am not sure what the screen shows now when first logging in on board a ship.  Perhaps it is pre-initialized?

If you have pre purchased, it will show that when you log into their Internet.

If it shows you have to buy the plan, then 

it is not recognizing the purchase. You would have to go to GS.  

That’s why I would like feedback from those sailing this wknd. Many have pre-purchased and it disappeared from the App. Will it allow you to sign in and use the internet?  Such a pain.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, amajaa said:

We are also sailing in 6 days and the price has more than doubled since last week. I am kicking myself for not ordering then but on the other hand why had it gone up, they definitely haven't given us the 50% off now. Also don't want to order onboard as it will be even more. 

Just read the previous posts and several threads, for explanations.  IT error again.

IF I were leaving soon, I would call PCL right away, purchase the MedallionNet

with your 50% discount.  If they don’t know how, then ask for a supervisor to do it.  Don’t wait till OB.  JMO

Please LMK what they say.

3 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Just read the previous posts and several threads, for explanations.  IT error again.

IF I were leaving soon, I would call PCL right away, purchase the MedallionNet

with your 50% discount.  If they don’t know how, then ask for a supervisor to do it.  Don’t wait till OB.  JMO

Please LMK what they say.

Have tried phoning on hold for over 2 hours so gave up . 

Also tried emailing first thing this morning so 10 hours ago, haven't even had an automated response saying email has been received.

Edited by amajaa

11 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Have tried phoning on hold for over 2 hours so gave up . 

Also tried emailing first thing this morning so 10 hours ago, haven't even had an automated response saying email has been received.

Sorry. Thanks for trying. 

I was OTP with a Customer Solutions rep this morning who was seemingly unaware the MC App had been updated to recognized and offer the 50% discount for some time now.  She was also unaware of current bug(s).  She was reaching out elsewhere, but not getting responses, so she said would call me back.  Also, something about a new phone system today.  She wanted me to pay full price and get 50% back on board.  I explained that was problematic in the past and also needs to be refundable OBC for sure or not fair treatment.  I told her they stopped offering pre-cruise price on board when the App was updated.  Bottom line, I don't have an answer yet.

12 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I received a call back from Princess here in the US.  The nice lady just needed to verify a couple pieces of info with me to pass along to IT.  She said she would call me back when she knows more.  It may not be today.  I'll post when I hear back.

I sent emails to John Padgett and Jan Swarz a week ago.

I got a call yesterday right at the end of her work day. Promised an email - got it. Promised a call back - got it. She already fixed at least one of the errors in my account. 

The app had DH's DOB as mine. I'm now able to log in on the app. Haven't been able to do that since May.

It looks promising.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I sent emails to John Padgett and Jan Swarz a week ago.

I got a call yesterday right at the end of her work day. Promised an email - got it. Promised a call back - got it. She already fixed at least one of the errors in my account. 

The app had DH's DOB as mine. I'm now able to log in on the app. Haven't been able to do that since May.

It looks promising.

So good to hear!

1 hour ago, SomewhereGirl said:

I completely forgot that I also emailed John and Jan yesterday morning. I wonder if one of those is why I got the call today. Probably.  And it's good that upper management is aware of the issues.

Wow!  Now you’re on a first name basis!

Way to go!  🤣

• Haha 3