Silver Muse causal attire.

Ben100014

14 hours ago, Ben100014 said:

My folks and I went to Atlantide last night for informal night, and my dad and I were asked to wear jackets, despite us wearing nice collared shirts and slacks. We didn’t really care to do this so we were directed to-and welcome to eat in Indochine.

A few oddities-my mom can’t stand cilantro and requested it not be added to her meal that was served last night. However, we were told by the waiter that 24 hour notice was required for special requests? Kind of silly you need to put in advanced notice for a small omission of an ingredient. 

There was an issue a few nights ago where I did not receive the side order I had made and my steak was virtually raw, but this was promptly corrected. The time to receive food is a bit on the longer side. Each meal has taken at least an hour and a half from start to finish.

Firstly, it’s good to see the Atlantide MD sticking to the dress code. I trust he was polite.

The issue with cilantro probably has more to do with the fact that the meal has been partly pre-prepared and the galley hasn’t time to make a new one, especially early in a busy service. It’s a shame but probably a fact of life. BTW what was the dish?

One of the things about fine dining is pacing, so the times seem reasonable.

Hope you are having a good time and thanks for posting.

• Like 2

Though Silversea is inconsistent in it's dress code enforcement. On the Dawn 3 nights ago we went to La Dame where you would expect enforcement. 5 men in the restaurant had jackets. 2 no jacket and a collared short sleeve business shirt and one with a polo shirt and jeans. Nothing said.

We are not going to bother with La Dame again as we were there for a special occasion and now basically nothing special about the menu or service.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drron29 said:

On the Dawn 3 nights ago we went to La Dame where you would expect enforcement. 5 men in the restaurant had jackets. 2 no jacket and a collared short sleeve business shirt and one with a polo shirt and jeans. Nothing said.

We are not going to bother with La Dame again as we were there for a special occasion and now basically nothing special about the menu or service.

This makes me sad.  What was once the finest dining venue is no longer fine.  To think in just a decade it has gone from a super special venue offering a different menu each night with guests dressed to the nines, to now and its never changing menu and men in short sleeves sans jacket, defeats the whole purpose of the positioning of the venue.

Ms. Muckermann thinks Lalique crystals make the meal, when in reality all we expect is La Dame to deliver on its positioning; gourmet cuisine served in an intimate setting to like minded refined guests.

• Like 6