Escape Balcony Room for Family of 4

Southerngal410

Does anyone have pictures of a Balcony Room that sleeps 4? My husband and I have been on the Escape before and had a Balcony Room but we just had the two beds put together to make the one. Just wanting to see what it would be like if we did this again and took our boys. Thanks!

We had a quad balcony cabin on the Getaway a few years ago and there was no overhead bunk.  The couch pulled out to a double bed.  We currently have a quad Balcony GTY booked for January and would love to get a cabin with a pull down bunk.  Anyone have information on quad room setups on the Escape, and if there are cabins with the double bed couch?  Hoping we can get a cabin with a bunk to allow more floor space and more comfort the kids.

On 8/20/2022 at 1:10 AM, complawyer said:

gonna be a little cramped, especially bathroom time.  if you can see if y ou can upgrade to club balcony suite. theyre a little bigger. and maybe just a tad more comfortable 

I will look for this, thanks! We don’t have anything booked yet but I will def check out this if the room is a little bigger. 

just go to whichever cruise you are thinking about, go to the cabin selection of the categories balcony and club balcony suite. it will give  you the room sizes for each. its not a lot, but with 4 people the little extra space gives a touch more breathing room , and i dont know about the "balcony" but we just got off the bliss, and had a nice enclosed stand up stall shower in the club balcony suite

35 minutes ago, twobeautifulgirls said:

We are sailing in a Balcony on the Escape with 21yo and 19yo girls. Were going to finally get two cabins but priced it out and this was better. We just have to time getting ready - hubs first then he will go to bar and wait. It is cramped but we make it work. 

Poor DAD cant walk around in his boxers, then has to get ready in a telephone booth sized bathroom, then has to leave the room so the 3 of you can get dressed in privacy.  sounds like a blast….

• Haha 1

sometimes, convenience beats price. why dont you try and also book an inside cabin directly across from yours. the girls can get ready in that cabin and you and hubby can get ready in yours. also, during your  cruise, a little "privacy" might be desired.

it may sound like a great deal, but once onboard with trying to time getting ready, you may be disappointed with your choice, and there is only so much bar time your husband can absorb. also, if the 3 of you girls are anything like my wife when she tries to get ready, the poor guy will be waiting a long,long, long time in the bar, especially if  the 4 of you all take showers before you start the day

finally, sometimes i just like to chill out on my balcony, or in my cabin, 1 male and 3 females makes this a little tough

36 minutes ago, Suna said:

Really depends how much time you spend in your cabin ….our family of four (boys 15, 17) don’t spend much time, so it is fine.

Totally agree.  It's been several years since we cruised with our 3 boys in an Inside cabin, but they were dressed & out of there every day.  Too much fun stuff to do on the ship

(And, I should add, they got along better with each other sharing that small room with us than in our two-story 4 bedroom house!)

• Like 1