Upper Suite Benefits

oh2cruise

31 minutes ago, prmssk said:

I have really been enjoying this thread.  We will have our first penthouse experience on the Constellation in  early November.  I have been taking notes so we can be prepared to talk to the shoreside concierge when we hear from them and then our butler when we embark.  I've told my husband that if he is ever looking for me during the cruise, he should always check the balcony first!  🙂

Hey may already BE on the balcony ... searching for you!

The whole PH on M class really is a grand space.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

Question:  Was your food delivered hot (or reasonably so) when you ordered from Tuscan or had your Butler bring it to you?  We are thinking of doing this in our pending PS cruise but I can't seem to get breakfast Eggs Benedict delivered to our PS suite  reasonably hot, thus the question.

Besides the wife's evening before dinner feast all we ordered was from the room service menu and the food wasn't hot, more warm. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, t18c97 said:

Besides the wife's evening before dinner feast all we ordered was from the room service menu and the food wasn't hot, more warm. 

While we didn't order dinner room service on Millie, we did eat several breakfasts on our terrace and the food was sufficiently hot each time.   Luck of the draw maybe?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, prmssk said:

I have really been enjoying this thread.  We will have our first penthouse experience on the Constellation in  early November.  I have been taking notes so we can be prepared to talk to the shoreside concierge when we hear from them and then our butler when we embark.  I've told my husband that if he is ever looking for me during the cruise, he should always check the balcony first!  🙂

I absolutely loved loved loved the PH balcony. You will not be disappointed. Every morning the butler would leave me hot coffee in the pantry for me to enjoy on the balcony before breakfast. Bliss. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, wineoclock said:

I absolutely loved loved loved the PH balcony. You will not be disappointed. Every morning the butler would leave me hot coffee in the pantry for me to enjoy on the balcony before breakfast. Bliss. 

And if I’m not mistaken you will have a full size refrigerator in the butler’s pantry. Not that you need a full size refrigerator but the real benefit is the ice maker on the door.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Midlo said:

And if I’m not mistaken you will have a full size refrigerator in the butler’s pantry. Not that you need a full size refrigerator but the real benefit is the ice maker on the door.

1 hour ago, Midlo said:

We love the ice maker on the door!!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

We love the ice maker on the door!!!

Is the ice good quality though? Ice from fridge ice makers never tastes very good to me. I would think a bucket of ice from the butler would be better quality, more filtered, from the big ice makers onboard. 

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Is the ice good quality though? Ice from fridge ice makers never tastes very good to me. I would think a bucket of ice from the butler would be better quality, more filtered, from the big ice makers onboard. 

1 minute ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Unfortunately, I have not made a comparison between a bucket of ice and the ice maker.  (We don't ask for a bucket if we have the ice maker). But you got me thinking, so will make a comparison over Xmas/NYE and comment back.

16 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

Unfortunately, I have not made a comparison between a bucket of ice and the ice maker.  (We don't ask for a bucket if we have the ice maker). But you got me thinking, so will make a comparison over Xmas/NYE and comment back.

I’ll be in the Mille PH over Thanksgiving so I will give it a try also. 

5 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

6 minutes ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Please do 🙂. We are on Summit PH over Xmas/NYE (B2B2B)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SusieAV8R said:

My only experience with that was the PH on the Summit and I never noticed any difference. I did like having the option of crushed or cubes. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Which one?  6147?  If so your butler will likely be Nicasio who is a rock star.  And he always kept a full ice bucket in the freezer, in addition to the dispenser. Enjoy!

2 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Which one?  6147?  If so your butler will likely be Nicasio who is a rock star.  And he always kept a full ice bucket in the freezer, in addition to the dispenser. Enjoy!

Now that’s service. 

We use a holiday home that we rent couple of times a year & the first thing I do when we arrive is make ice for the gin & tonics we will most definitely be drinking. No ice Maker fridge. 

17 minutes ago, love2crews. said:

Not related to ice, but related to laundry...

Is laundry included? If so, unlimited or X amount per sailing?

RS and PH technically have laundry twice per cruise, in reality it is unlimited. We were told the twice per cruise phrase was introduced after a few occasions when PH guests were cruising with a large group of family members in other rooms and were abusing the privilege.

Certainly we have never been charged for any dry cleaning, pressing or general laundry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Whinenowine said:

Yes 6147. I’m so excited and glad to hear I will hopefully have Nicasio. Hope he is still onboard then. 

Any things I should ask of him from your experience? I want to make sure I’m making the most of my PH experience. 

2 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Any things I should ask of him from your experience?

I've been in 6147 in the Constellation a couple of times. We ate every meal in the room on both sailings. Butler was very kind about it. Table sat eight and he would just make up half of it. Wife and I both had high stress jobs and it was great to just do nothing. We entertained twice (people from the rollcall). Butler provided snacks. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Cruise Gopher said:

Yes 6147. I’m so excited and glad to hear I will hopefully have Nicasio. Hope he is still onboard then. 

Any things I should ask of him from your experience? I want to make sure I’m making the most of my PH experience. 

We were on Millie in Alaska last month in 6147, so hopefully he'll still be there and not on break (though he works so hard he certainly deserves one!).  And hopefully Elvie is your steward--she's great as well.  We've always been very well taken care of when in a PH (even more than in a RS), but a good butler can take it to the next level.

While afternoon snacks and other gifts magically appeared without our asking, if there IS something you have in mind, just lay it out for him when he introduces himself--no reasonable request (of any sort) will go unfulfilled.  We usually only use room service for breakfast, but if you want dinner inside or on the balcony, just let him know the day before.  Same if you want to host a small gathering (which we didn't do this time around). Given you'll be in the Caribbean, you'll be spending a lot of time on that massive terrace--enjoy it!

Have a great cruise!

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

RS and PH technically have laundry twice per cruise, in reality it is unlimited. We were told the twice per cruise phrase was introduced after a few occasions when PH guests were cruising with a large group of family members in other rooms and were abusing the privilege.

Certainly we have never been charged for any dry cleaning, pressing or general laundry.

That is wonderful news!  Thank you!! 🙂

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Midlo said:

Another thought,  the refrigerators on the Summit were relatively new and probably have filters for the water (ice). 

5 hours ago, love2crews. said:

That is wonderful news!  Thank you!! 🙂

You are correct about the newness of the fridges on Summit::  the silver metal look of a "modern"  kitchen. (Love it on a ship, but not in my kitchen 🙂. )

11 hours ago, danceswithphones said:

I've been in 6147 in the Constellation a couple of times. We ate every meal in the room on both sailings. Butler was very kind about it. Table sat eight and he would just make up half of it. Wife and I both had high stress jobs and it was great to just do nothing. We entertained twice (people from the rollcall). Butler provided snacks. 

How did you find the temperature of the meals?  (We are considering doing this over our B2B2B over Christmas/NYE but we're concerned about whether hot food would arrive reasonably hot.